• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bobcat on the trail.....

Eric Diller

Went to MIWR and Viera and scored pretty well. Got to MIWR and sunrise and spotted a Bobcat climbing down into the marsh land. Lost him for awhile but patience paid off after 10 minutes. As you can see he is wet from walking in the marsh.

Another tough lighting shot....almost right into the sun!

1. I have been spotted for sure...
PIC_9247copy.jpg

2. Starts to ignore me and starts looking for breakfast....
PIC_9248copy.jpg

3. He leaps. lots of action going on in the brush....he scores.....he never comes back uo for a photo. Not a very clear shot but i liked the action part!
PIC_9252copy.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Went to MIWR and Viera and scored pretty well. Got to MIWR and sunrise and spotted a Bobcat climbing down into the marsh land. Lost him for awhile but patience paid off after 10 minutes. As you can see he is wet from walking in the marsh.

Another tough lighting shot....almost right into the sun!

PIC_9247copy.jpg

Eric,

I have never visited the MIWR and likely a lot of others haven't ever heard of the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge in Florida. Here is a nice map and some more pictures from this wonderful place for photographing nature and animals in their natural habitat.

I like you bobcat picture as it really shows his vigor and fitness to hunt. Very athletic looking creature. Would he try to take a bite of you?

Asher

Eric Diller

PIC_9247copy.jpg

Eric,

I have never visited the MIWR and likely a lot of others haven't ever heard of the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge in Florida. Here is a nice map and some more pictures from this wonderful place for photographing nature and animals in their natural habitat.

I like you bobcat picture as it really shows his vigor and fitness to hunt. Very athletic looking creature. Would he try to take a bite of you?

Asher

I don't think so. He is more afraid of me than I am of him. Once he saw me he darted out into the marshy field. Took me awhile to find him since he blends so well with his area!

Here is another Bobcat from the same place back in "08"

262823883_tHSzq-X2copy.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
262823883_tHSzq-X2copy.jpg

Eric Diller: Bobcat

Eric,

Would you feel like trespassing to lighten his coat so he stands out more?

Asher

Excellent Bobcat shots, Eric. I've been to MINWR several times in the past, but it's been a number of years. I need to get back down there some time, and perhaps have you show me around your favorite spots!

Eric Diller

Excellent Bobcat shots, Eric. I've been to MINWR several times in the past, but it's been a number of years. I need to get back down there some time, and perhaps have you show me around your favorite spots!

Anytime you're down here let me know, I can show you some good spots depending on the time of year.