• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Winter Scenes II: Got One You'd Like to Share Here?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My goodness, the more I look around this forum, the more I'm inspired!

This is a photo I took two weeks ago in a very oddly isolated blizzard. I could drive in and out of it in a matter of a minute or so and in late afternoon the sun broke through all the snow. The winds were about 60km per hour which has created this fog-like affect with the blowing snow.

Holly

BlizzardSunset700px.jpg

Holly,

I thought this was one of Nikolai Sklobovsky's great pictures of the fires that pop up in the hillsides in
Ventura county when he's there! I've never caught one!

The place seems to be really burning up. I love it!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Sunrise in the city on a winter's day

Hi All,

Although these come nowhere near what has been posted previously, they still show a very special dawn here in the town where I live. The weather is currently sunny and at noon time we are going to have some 14 degrees celcius. For this time of the year, these are very "abnormal" figures. It should have been much colder and wetter, but hey, I'm not complaining ;-).

My wife, Hanny, woke me up this morning abrubtly saying that I should grab my camera and rush to capture the beautiful sunrise which is very uncommon here. While half asleep, I could take some 10-15 frames from our attic window before the sun finally rose and the magic was immediately gone. Here are the results:

img_19802_0_129968923-L.jpg

img_19802_1_129968924-L.jpg

img_19802_2_129968930-L.jpg

img_19802_3_129968939-L.jpg

Cheers,

Holly Cawfield

Holly,

I thought this was one of Nikolai Sklobovsky's great pictures of the fires that pop up in the hillsides in
Ventura county when he's there! I've never caught one!

The place seems to be really burning up. I love it!

Asher

Asher, I went to Nikolai's galleries after reading this (what LOVELY work there) and with your comment you've managed what few have been able to do: make me tongue-tied. Thank you. :-D

Ron Morse

Benson stays close to his 740 lb lunch in the winter. Its supposed to get up into the 20s F next week . Can summer be far away?