• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

smooth light

We are battered by storms the last few days, and I could not work the scene as I wanted for the winds were way too strong in deed with gusts of +110kmh.

Friends usually stay in the east wing as the air is nice and crisp. LOL

janet Smith

pro member
I thought my house was going to end up looking like this last night, we had an earthquake at 1am, unusually we were still up when the house started to shake, everything in the cupboards rattled, amazing, we don't seem to have any structural damage thankfully.....

Cem_Usakligil

I thought my house was going to end up looking like this last night, we had an earthquake at 1am, unusually we were still up when the house started to shake, everything in the cupboards rattled, amazing, we don't seem to have any structural damage thankfully.....
Hi Jan,

I just heard it on the news! How big was the shake? I'm glad to hear that you've got no damages :).

Cheers,

Cem

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Cem

It was exciting! never experienced anything like it before, if you imagine a huge truck parked right next to your house, the vibration initially was something like that, but it then got a lot stronger, pictures on the walls shook, everything shook!! things in cupboards jangled, our burglar alarm went off, the dog barked, but it only lasted about 20 seconds or so, very exciting. The only thing that is apparent in the house is that the fridge stopped working as they sometimes do when they are moved, it's started working again now, amazing!!

WOW!

I am glad to hear that you did not suffer any damage let aside personal injuries!

I know how scarey this is, I used to live in a penthouse of a skyscraper when I was thrown out ot the waterbed all of the sudden. It took me a few seconds to realise what was happening, but when I saw the cologne cathedral and realised the movement, well.... I made my peace. The epicenter was in the netherlands, and because I was up high on the 37th floor, of course it was somewhat dramatic.

The epicenter was in the netherlands, and because I was up high on the 37th floor, of course it was somewhat dramatic.

That was a very uncommon event in the Netherlands, I believe the epicentre was in the south of the Netherlands, not too far from where my parents lived. I remember my parents' report of the event. According to my mother she woke up because some picture frames and statuettes fell over on her nightstand . She woke my father and said "What's happening"? My father woke up and said "Oh, it's an earthquake", as he turned over and went back to sleep (as a retired airline captain he was used to some turbulence ;-) ).

The fact that my parents lived in a single level bungalow surely helped to reduce the swinging you must have experienced. The movement can get amplified as you get higher from the ground level.

Bart

oh yes, you sure could call that SWING in deed. Honestly, it still sends shivers down my spine thinking about it. I bring something like 100kg to a scale, and the movement of the water in the bed (1000 liter) managed to throw me out. All of the sudden I found myself beside the bed. To see the Colgne cathedral swinging left/right and to realize it was the skyscraper itself was mindblowing.