• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Edit older post?

Shane Carter

How come I don't have the option to edit an old thread that I started and has no comments? Also, can I delete it? Seems like that would be handy and is a feature that is availabe on other forums...?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Orphan posts should not exist! That means we were not awake and somehow we were sure our ideas would be given anyway by someone else. We like to know about them.

What you do is add, "Really, no one has a comment?" or the like and that orphan will come to the top. It will then get attention. If a post is truly nutty/worthless etc, then we can delete it since no one else's time is invested there. What we don't like is to delete critical early posts without which the chain of comments is broken and the whole thread is made useless. I can make changes which keep the sense of the post, but removes material which on second thoughts would have been better not said, as long as the latter was not key to discussion.

If the post in question and associated posts are really not part of photography discussion, we might delete them on request. However, we a troubled by any alterations except for civility and syntax.

Shane Carter

Orphan posts should not exist! That means we were not awake and somehow we were sure our ideas would be given anyway by someone else. We like to know about them.

What you do is add, "Really, no one has a comment?" or the like and that orphan will come to the top. It will then get attention. If a post is truly nutty/worthless etc, then we can delete it since no one else's time is invested there. What we don't like is to delete critical early posts without which the chain of comments is broken and the whole thread is made useless. I can make changes which keep the sense of the post, but removes material which on second thoughts would have been better not said, as long as the latter was not key to discussion.

If the post in question and associated posts are really not part of photography discussion, we might delete them on request. However, we a troubled by any alterations except for civility and syntax.

Hi Asher...no, your are mis-reading my reasons. It was this post: http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5763

That no one responded does not bother me in the least! :) I assume it was just not interesting. So my intent was to delete it and add a variation of the photos to the new forum you just added. So to avoid the same photos being on the site twice, I wanted to delete it...no other motive.

As for editing it, prior to deleting it, I can hit edit, copy the post and its links, and paste and thereby saving time...that is all! :)

Personally, I don't go back and delete previous posts. If I tick someone off and was being testy, I'll apologize, not delete. Been there, done that. :)