• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

ISCO Isconar f4 100mm does last autumn sunrays...

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Last minutes in the park today, after rain. All shot at f4

15319569230_7b0330005d_o.jpg

15503150521_3f7ef1f2d2_o.jpg

15503144391_10a99bd36a_o.jpg

15319409489_8700e13582_o.jpg

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Although it being a triplet design (like the famous Meyer Trioplan 100mm and Steinheil Cassarit 100mm),
it ha s a very subtle bokeh and not one that jumps right in your face and it needs effort to provoke it.

15506329105_fb0aa765a0_o.jpg

15503155281_faf18e68ee_o.jpg

15483153966_db0fe00f86_o.jpg

A very overlooked lens...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I usually use focusing helicoids instead of fixed adapters.

I thought so. It seems like an ideal combination. I have just received my first helical with M42 mount and will try out zooming in on the flowers and insects too!

Thanks for setting us a path to follow!

Asher

So many beautiful flowers. I'm so jealous; I want to live where you live and go and shoot with you everyday in the gardens. The fragile white ones that are sunkist are so special. and the pink roses, so romantic and of course the water drops filled with light and sunshine; what can I say - superb! :)
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Most welcome. Wishing you best of success!

My first try with the helical mount is here. I wonder about the effect of the rather shiny interior surface of the adapter, but it does have tiny ridges. Novoflex surfaces or matte, but they don't make a handy helical for this!

Do you have a matte surface on your helical adapters?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

My first try with the helical mount is here. I wonder about the effect of the rather shiny interior surface of the adapter, but it does have tiny ridges. Novoflex surfaces or matte, but they don't make a handy helical for this!

Do you have a matte surface on your helical adapters?

Asher

Mine are shiny (black shiny) too but so far I had no issues with it.