• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Identify this flower!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

RecentlyUpdated176.jpg

Charlotte discovered this flower picture and repurposed it in her creative overlay series, here. Do you happen to recognize the structure and can you name it? I find the rolled back petals so feminine and attractive. It must give some advantage to the flower, but I can't imagine what that might be. :)

Asher

Asher Kelman

RecentlyUpdated176.jpg

asparagus_prostratus_wild_flower_30-05-06.jpg

Wild Asparagus shown on the aphotoflora website

Bob,

I like the general structural similarity, but the unique spiraling of the leave tips is not evident.

Asher

Asher Kelman

It almost reminds me of the Atropa Belladonna flower:

7825038782_231acd480e.jpg

Thankfully ... only almost!

Adrian,

Well this "Deadly Nightshade" flower would be a little more dangerous to have around! It is indeed very much like the picture Charlotte repurposed, but notice the distinguishing green sepals at the base of the bloom and the very tall stigma. Where did you find this? Don't want some local "green" restaurant to be adding it to their salads, LOL!

This very poisonous plant is surpisingly a relative of good old tasty and healthy tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants and chili peppers!

Asher