• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Google Plus layout

Robert Watcher

What are others thinking of the new Google Plus experience?

I may get use to it - but I'm not liking all of the moving and floating around of page objects - as well as the way page content gets hidden by popups. An example is the chat box that opens and then trying to access it again without hangout profiles opening over top and obscuring. Too - remembering where to open the menu for accessing. A little too slick for me I think.

So just curious if others are loving it or not?

Cem_Usakligil

Good question Robert. I can't answer it since I have not used my G+ account till now. But on a similar note, flickr too have recently changed their page layouts drastically. I like the new flickr layout better for viewing photographs but there are many users who are complaining. I guess it will be the same with G+. Some people don't want to change things, some others are eager to. And each new design will have some improvements above the older versions but there will also be downsides. It is an impossible task to satisfy everybody, isn't it? :)

Robert Watcher

Good question Robert. I can't answer it since I have not used my G+ account till now. But on a similar note, flickr too have recently changed their page layouts drastically. I like the new flickr layout better for viewing photographs but there are many users who are complaining. I guess it will be the same with G+. Some people don't want to change things, some others are eager to. And each new design will have some improvements above the older versions but there will also be downsides. It is an impossible task to satisfy everybody, isn't it? :)

I received an email this morning about the new Flickr layout - - - - but hadn't checked until I just read your reply. Oooohhh on first glance, I like it a lot. Far better than the old clunky layout that I seldom visit. I'm sure as I check into it more, there may be features that I am not as fussy about.

I don't mind change and improved functionality. In fact, I on first site I loved the 500px.com layout when I signed up a few years ago. The new Flickr has a somewhat similar feel (I also got an email this morning that 500px has some new features that I will also have to check out.)

Google though appears to be trying to emulate Facebook with a Timeline type layout - - - but they are including all kinds of fancy animations, that I am finding difficult to deal with functionally. These things may get smoothed out over time.

Thank you for your reply Cem.

-----