• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Website Up

Ray West

Hi Scott,

Where is Marshall?
'subtitles of an architectural detail' or do you mean 'subtlety'
some images load slow (too high resolution for web??
I can't find a picture of the fountain
I always expect to be able to click on a small image and get a bigger version, or go somewhere else.

The site is interesting, the images and concept nice, but maybe a bit of fine tuning required.

Best wishes,

Ray

Mike Harrold

Nice Site

Scott,

I like the site. Nice photos and I especially like the way the placeholder opens up and then changes shape to accept the larger display of a photo that was clicked on. I didn't find the speed of any photo or the site slow at all. I've been on much, much slower sites. All in all a good experience for me.

Keep up the good work.

Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Scott,
I like the site. Nice photos and I especially like the way the placeholder opens up and then changes shape to accept the larger display of a photo that was clicked on. I didn't find the speed of any photo or the site slow at all. I've been on much, much slower sites. All in all a good experience for me.
I agree with Mike's remarks.

I'd add that while you are at programming for the boxes to resize, make it dynamically related to screen size, perhaps so one can see the whole picture without scrolling.

Also, and here's my preference, although I discovered the arrow for processeding with the slide show, it is not intuitive to the person without experience and could so easily be missed!

Congrats!

Asher

Greg Rogers

I like the site, think your project is a clever idea, and my favorites are your BW / Color "hybrid" shots. Nice way to show dedication to, and hopefully spike increased tourism interest in your home town.

-Greg

Scott Buttrick

Thanks everyone for your comments. There is still some minor tweaking yet to do. Thanks to Asher for recommending to me months ago that I create a separate website for this project. You were right Asher.

Scott