• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: My world.

fahim mohammed

First, a thank you to the US immigration and customs officials.
They are criticized more often than not. They are only doing their job. A stressful one at that.

Personally, I have high praise for the courtesy and efficiency with which my wife and I were dealt with
By these folks. A thank you from the two of us.

It happens to be a Hispanic parade day today...at least in NYC. Very crowded and congested. Taxis were
Hard to come by.

p1544274467-4.jpg

And it was impossible to find one in front of Grand Central Station. This lady just had had it. Walked onto the road in exasperation....

p1544410111-4.jpg

The leaves are showing negligible autumn colors.

fahim mohammed

I guess mr. Trump was not invited for these Hispanic celebrations.

My wife had somehow managed to hail a cab, and I got a quick snap of the colorful dresses in view.
Dresses and of course the wonderful folk.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I guess mr. Trump was not invited for these Hispanic celebrations.

My wife had somehow managed to hail a cab, and I got a quick snap of the colorful dresses in view.
Dresses and of course the wonderful folk.

You get into all the native events! Fabulous world traveler you are. Did you ever use a taxi helicopter? Now that's an experience!

What was your timetable or where you just passing through?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Fahim,

I love the fall colors in New York! The actual full development is dependent on the temperature shifts during the growing season and the chemical composition in the soil.Have the leaves just started to turn or are you seeing trees with too little water?

Pity you can't stick around.

And it was impossible to find one in front of Grand Central Station. This lady just had had it. Walked onto the road in exasperation....

p1544410111-4.jpg

The leaves are showing negligible autumn colors.

This lady is typical when under pressure! One cannot run late and then expect cabs to simply stop as they might be looking for a particular location to start from that they like better.

Often, if one isn't aggressive in New York, one simply won't catch a cab. Sometimes fight occur, LOL!

Uber is a far better solution. There are always cars within 2-8 minutes. So one does not need to increase one's blood pressure just for this part of one's travel schedule.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Thanks Asher.

No the leaves are showing minor color change.

My brother in law turned up to get his sister. I chose to stay back at the hotel.
Anyway, Ayesha is in Mexico.

My brother in law came after dropping Ayesha at JFK. I was forced into going and staying with him
In NJ. Beautiful house and locale, though.

No nothing was planned. Just happened along as a wedding shoot that I walked into Grand Central Station. I will post image later.

I was in Greewich Village and walking towards Chinatown and SoHo, and saw a beautiful coffee place.

Almost bumped into a bike....beautiful New York.

p1544470190-4.jpg

Who cares about autumn foliage?

fahim mohammed

I wanted to change my return reservation to a much earlier date. It could not be done done over the phone.

The airline offices are located on 5th ave. and 48th st.

So I drove from the secluded NJ abode of my brother in law to Manhattan. Parked on 49th st and walked a block to the airline office.

After finishing the travel arrangements, took a stroll over to Rockefeller Plaza. Had not changed much since the last time..

p1553301039-6.jpg

Along the interstate going in and out of NYC, not much color change. I hope it changes soon, as I have to return home. Going south now wouldn't do much better for foliage colors if the lower NE itself is not near peak.

Asher Kelman

New York, New York.

p1552966543-5.jpg

Was the bridegroom wearing a yarmulka! If so not an orthodox fellow as he wouldn't be permitted to kiss the bride ........unless this is after the marriage ceremony, perhaps? She is not modestly dressed as coming from a traditional religious family. Some grandmother would rush up and wrap here bare shoulders with a shawl or scarf!

Asher

James Lemon

I wanted to change my return reservation to a much earlier date. It could not be done done over the phone.

The airline offices are located on 5th ave. and 48th st.

So I drove from the secluded NJ abode of my brother in law to Manhattan. Parked on 49th st and walked a block to the airline office.

After finishing the travel arrangements, took a stroll over to Rockefeller Plaza. Had not changed much since the last time..

p1553301039-6.jpg

Along the interstate going in and out of NYC, not much color change. I hope it changes soon, as I have to return home. Going south now wouldn't do much better for foliage colors if the lower NE itself is not near peak.

If you wait long enough Fahim you could catch a snow blizzard. Super capture!

fahim mohammed

James, Asher...thanks for stopping by.

I think this was after the event, Asher. Just a guess though.

We are heading up country today...maybe get some fall color before I leave in a very few days.

But for now, NYC. I did ask for permission for this photograph.

p1554405174-6.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Was the bridegroom wearing a yarmulka! If so not an orthodox fellow as he wouldn't be permitted to kiss the bride ........unless this is after the marriage ceremony, perhaps?

Well, the normal tradition in the US (perhaps it is a Christian one) is that the groom should not see the bride in her wedding dress until the ceremony, so we might think that this scene is after the ceremony.

This tradition was even followed when I married Carla. I did not even know what her wedding dress was like - she got it in secret and it was kept two doors down the street at the home of her Matron of Honor.

The dress, by the way, was modeled after one worn by Rose DeWitt Bukater (Kate Winslet) in the film "Titanic" (1997).

Ironically, she had seen it at a local charity fashion show I attended with her the morning after we became engaged. She went that afternoon to the dress shop to nail it.

On the other hand, maybe this couple is going to be married in Grand Central Terminal and don't care about any traditions.

And this being New York, perhaps the groom is wearing a baseball cap with the bill to the back.

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

I went chasing for fall colors on my own today.

Passed wonderful small townships and quite a few vineyards.

Met some wonderful people along the way.

I was going upstate towards the Appalachian trial. Not all the way, but towards it.

The colors had turned here. Not peaking, but around 50-60%.

Glorious..was well worth the 8 hour up/down journey for me. The GPS was spot on.

The colors were breathtaking, for me at least...

p1558073662-6.jpg

fahim mohammed

Thanks Andy.

I took one of my brother in laws cars and headed up north. Beautiful drive. Took it easy, savoring
The beauty around me. Thanked God I was alive to see nature like this.

Would park at designated lots and walk around...

p1558137482-5.jpg

Along the way saw a vineyard. Drove right in. I was the only one.
Walked in.

You here for tasting or would you like a glass, said the young man ( as young as me ) behind the counter. Which would you suggest?

Red, he said. This is my favorite, he added.
Well then, say no more, I said. Pour me a glass. He did.

Could I have a glass of water ? He brought me a glass of water.

I passed the glass of wine to him. For you, I said.

Why did you order it he asked. I don't drink.

But I hate to drink alone, I said. We must have talked for about 30 minutes after that.

The vineyard was there since his family fought the British. Across the river yonder he said.

We went around the vineyard. He told me things, I might never find in books.

As I was leaving, he asked. Where you from, anyways Fahim?

Upstate, I said, getting in the car. We shook hands. I was on the road again.

p1559203319-6.jpg

Asher Kelman

I went chasing for fall colors on my own today.

Passed wonderful small townships and quite a few vineyards.

Met some wonderful people along the way.

I was going upstate towards the Appalachian trial. Not all the way, but towards it.

The colors had turned here. Not peaking, but around 50-60%.

Glorious..was well worth the 8 hour up/down journey for me. The GPS was spot on.
The colors were breathtaking, for me at least...

p1558073662-6.jpg

Fahim,

Only you would do this! I have never seen anyone show fall foliage from behind barricades! Original and open to so many interpretations. What was on your mind!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, there was nothing in my mind. I did think of a film strip. It was visually appealing.

Sometimes one has to hang up th camera...

p1559203317-6.jpg

Lest one does not do justice to the beauty that surrounds one...or lies in splendor in front.

p1560109301-6.jpg

fahim mohammed

Many, maybe most of you have become accustomed to seeing the splendor of autumn.

Look at my images as if I am a child. A child in a candy store. A child in a toy shop. Running from here
to there. Undecided. So many things. Where to go? What to get? What to try?

For a child, mom and dad could come any moment to take this moment away.

For me, a couple more days and I would have to leave this wonder behind.

What to get? Where to go? Where to look? What colors to behold?

For me this is more than a feast for my eyes..it is the envigration of my soul, my being, my senses, the very rejuvenation of my spirit...

p1560810767-6.jpg

A riot of color, I had never experienced before. Mesmerizing my senses...yes a very personal and emotional experience for me..

p1560810773-6.jpg

See the wonder of nature through a child's eyes. I am doing exactly that.

Asher Kelman

We are indeed fortunate that we both still have the child within to see through our older eyes!

Look at such trees and not young women!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Hey there Andy..thanks a bunch. I do intend to work on the raws once back home.

Something was nagging me. I stopped the car, got out. Shut the door. Stretched myself.

Fresh as fresh as autumn can be. Little cold. Zipped my jacket up. Walked into the woods.

Traveler!, I heard the voice. I stopped. It was a long time ago..the voice sounded slightly tired. Weary.

Traveler. I heard it clearly now. From that direction. I went further into the forest.

We meet again, Traveler. Hesitation. You travel alone this time.

Yes, I said. Somehow I felt uplifted. It's been a while, old man.

Do you have the courage, Traveler? Courage for what? I am not climbing mountains.

Courage is not necessarily the sole province of climbing mountains, said the voice.

It needs courage to leave one's comfort zone...to go on an exploration..to once more be a child..

Dou you have the courage to wonder, Traveler? The courage to trust your instincts, to go where you yourself don't know where?

The voice went quiet.

I returned to my car. Switched off the GPS.

I do, I said quietly to myself. I want to wander and wonder.

Where would the road lead. I decided to go without reading the road signs.

I wanted to be a child, full of curiosity.

Wherever the road might lead.

p1561618747-6.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Hey there Andy..thanks a bunch. I do intend to work on the raws once back home.

Something was nagging me. I stopped the car, got out. Shut the door. Stretched myself. . . . .<snip>

Wondrous, all around, "the words and the music". Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

" My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

p1562619421-6.jpg