Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Breaking News

Breaking News Updates, innovations, equipment: moderated!

Old February 11th, 2012, 09:41 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Default A very special Photoshoot on Oceano Sand Dunes, Pismo Beach February 24-26 2012!

In honor of the late photographer, Per Voltquartz, there's a large format shoot at Pismo Beach amongst the sand dunes. Hopefully some OPFrs will attend. Large format film cameras, Medium format and digital allowed! There will be a print display set up from the portfolios of participants and several stars, including Jim Fitzgerald, recognized for his mastery of printing. At the end of the shoot there will be opportunities to see him at work.

In addition there's a surprise photographer who's presence when revealed will sell out all the places we have rented in two adjacent houses near the beach. We can house 20 but likely we'll only allow 12. Some will stay, by their own arrangements in a nearby RV campground or will join us for the day.

The cost will be very roughly $25 -45 per night and ~ $15 for food for breakfast and snacks each day. You just have to trust me. We'll divide the actual cost by the number of people. No profit is sought or will be made. If we have a model, that will be a tad more.

You can photograph parasailing, the surf, mountains, dunes, folk on the beach, ride dune buggies or horses on the part of beach allowed for that purpose and even do macros of sheets of Monarch Butterflies, all in one day!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:47 PM

Hi Asher. This looks like fun and I wish I could join you but unfortunately I will be out of town that weekend.

Have fun.
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:28 PM

We are going to have to arrange out own shoot together. We keep missing each other, LOL!

We still have places. A meeting like this would cost a good $1000 for everything. It's likely that the total cost will be about $120 including dinner, cookout and breakfast! Oh, add $30 for 45 minutes shoot of a fine pretty perfect figure model, unless it's not your taste. Sand dunes and still life, are of course free!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old February 26th, 2012, 03:29 PM

So how did the shoot go? I hope that you have had lots of fun and can share some pics soon with us.
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:01 PM

Thanks Cem,

I'm now back, have internet going and will post images tomorrow.

Asher