• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Greetings!

Mike Shimwell

It's been a while since I've been online, but Fahim jogged me into posting. So I thought I'd share a few recent pictures to say hello.

Comment welcome and trust all are keeping safe and well?

Mike

the-last-resort-1-of-161.jpg

the-last-resort-5-of-161.jpg

These (above) are from a recent visit to Southport on the north west coast. A walk at 5.30am. There is a set that can be accessed from here if you would like a bigger selection. There is scope for more editing, as ever, but I have a nice set of prints that pleases me.

I just liked this
one-that-pleases-me.jpg

And this is a memory from last summer
isle-of-harris-1-of-2.jpg

fahim mohammed

It's been a while since I've been online, but Fahim jogged me into posting. So I thought I'd share a few recent pictures to say hello.

Mike

[/CENTER]

Wonderful. Nice to see you Mike. To see you, nice!!

Regards.

StuartRae

Hello Mike,

Only the other day I was wondering where you'd got to, and then you suddenly pop up. Spooky.

Regards,

Stuart

I agree. I particularly like the last one. You get lost in the reeds ... and then snap down to the boat and jetty ... and then get lost in the reeds again.

Ruben Alfu

Hi Mike, so glad to see you back!

Thanks for sharing these nice photos, Memory from last Summer is my fav, wonderful shot.

Regards,

Ruben

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Mike,

Well, Fahim did a great job! Wonders are indeed worked! Glad you're back and with such good presents!

The 5 am Southport walk did yield interesting pictures. The Hotel is particularly interesting in the slideshow on your Fickr site as it reveal the area so well with weeds growing on the steps,

the-last-resort-1-of-161.jpg

the-last-resort-5-of-161.jpg

I just liked this
one-that-pleases-me.jpg

Your a sentimental fellow!

This last picture is unusual and striking. It works amazingly well for such a huge amount of fine detail coming from the top to be balanced by the lone canoe. You might want to consider removing over half of that as just a sensible taste of that works very well too.

Asher

Mike Shimwell

Thank you everyone for taking the time to comment and look at the pictures too.

The last picture, which I am pleased with, clearly has a broad appeal. There are 3 or 4 copies floating around the staff of my workplace, by 'popular' request. I have to admit that I hadn't considered the composition to break the rules, but there again that's fine.

Asher, thanks for taking the trouble to look at the flickr set. The Southport images work better as a set than individually I think, and seem to capture something of the feel of the place in the early morning. I'd considered putting one of the other hotel images up, or the contrail, but they seemed a little obvious away from the rest.

Yes, I am occasionally sentimental. I suspect that's a key part of the 'English tradition'.

Mike