• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rant about the new D3x

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bart,

This is so hilarious! I'm sorry for Nikon, they must really be miffed about this. A lot of complaining going on. Is the film from a movie. In any case it seems real!

We almost feel sorry for the bastard!

I wonder what happens to the generals who get sent out of the bunker1 What are they talking about, anyway?

Asher

Bart,

This is so hilarious! I'm sorry for Nikon, they must really be miffed about this. A lot of complaining going on. Is the film from a movie. In any case it seems real!

Yes, it's a movie (Der Untergang/Downfall, 2004) about Hitler's last hours in his bunker. He has just been told that they are getting overrun by allied forces, and the counter attacks he ordered couldn't be executed.

I wonder what happens to the generals who get sent out of the bunker1 What are they talking about, anyway?

Besides the Nikon? ;-)

Only the highest commanding generals are being told that they are not following his commands, and Hitler finally comes to realize that the war is lost. He tells the generals that they can now do as they please. A little later he commits suicide together with Eva Braun. Here are some more clips from the movie.

Bart

But what is the story? is he supposed -Adolf- to work for Nikon?, a photographer? or what? What are they implying, that the D3x is too expensive compared with the Sony? dont' get it

ps, the movie is a fantastic story, and very complex like life happens to be most of the time...

Daniel Buck

agree with Duke, after the first few I saw (a year ago or so?) they aren't as funny any more. I think my favorite so far has been the one about Hitlers car being stolen, and the one where he gets mad at the film scanning company and post production visual effects :-D

There is, however, a very ironic side to all of the 'hitler rants', it's just like the hollywood films, just rehashes of the same damn thing over and over :p