• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: The Deer Trail

Dwayne Oakes

Thanks for taking a look !

p607106005-4.jpg

Dwayne Oakes: The Deer Trail

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
p607106005-4.jpg

Dwayne Oakes: The Deer Trail

Dwayne,

This picture might well have been cropped to remove the lower 1/3 of "unimportant" foreground dry grass by others and you didn't! This kind of choice is so important. Such decisions materialize your personal concept, your vision of what's happening. This sense comes through strong and makes the picture truly work, leading us to the deer, turning, looking back at us. That extra distance you put between us and the deer is a remarkable discipline and helps craft a milieu for the deer that's allows it to be in your picture rather than be the picture.

Another gentle lifescape observing nature. You work is not passive, it's active and the activity is always under-emphasized and gentle.

Asher

Last edited:

Dwayne Oakes

I really like the softness of your work!

Thank you very much for the comments jj ! I really appreciate it !

Thanks Asher for the great c&c and breaking down the elements in ones art
work. You have great knack for this ! I am self taught since age 11 did you have
any training in art Asher ?

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you very much for the comments jj ! I really appreciate it !

Thanks Asher for the great c&c and breaking down the elements in ones art
work. You have great knack for this ! I am self taught since age 11 did you have
any training in art Asher ?

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes
Hi Dwayne,

I was blessed with a great school experience and encouragement from the art teacher and then made it my mission to visit every museum I can get access to and see as much work as I can and try to engage myself in the work. So my viewing is not at all passive. Each time I go after a small book that tends to be printed with the exhibit and that's been a major source of my knowledge. In addition I read a lot on the development of ideas of beauty and of art itself and how it might function. I've travelled extensively, so everywhere there are museums and eventually one re-meets works that one has studied or seen in a visiting exhibit and it's like seeing old friends.

The other part of the story is that I'm, by background, an academic a scientist and a physician. So I'm interested in the nature of things and why they have life and power for us. I approach art that way. If it's effective and gets my attention for more than a fleeting moment, I want to know why and try if I can to recognize likely significant elements that might also apply to the experience of other folk when they are faced with the same work of art.

Asher

Dwayne Oakes

Hi Dwayne,

I was blessed with a great school experience and encouragement from the art teacher and then made it my mission to visit every museum I can get access to and see as much work as I can and try to engage myself in the work. So my viewing is not at all passive. Each time I go after a small book that tends to be printed with the exhibit and that's been a major source of my knowledge. In addition I read a lot on the development of ideas of beauty and of art itself and how it might function. I've travelled extensively, so everywhere there are museums and eventually one re-meets works that one has studied or seen in a visiting exhibit and it's like seeing old friends.

The other part of the story is that I'm, by background, an academic a scientist and a physician. So I'm interested in the nature of things and why they have life and power for us. I approach art that way. If it's effective and gets my attention for more than a fleeting moment, I want to know why and try if I can to recognize likely significant elements that might also apply to the experience of other folk when they are faced with the same work of art.

Asher

Thats great Asher ! Thanks for sharing.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes