• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

On the Thames

Paul Abbott

I would like some feedback on this image, whether you think it works or not.

I was planning on taking some documentary images of life and work on the Thames, but kind of gave up on the hunt due to my lens limitations and other picture taking commitments.
My problem is, is that I abstract too much, I think. Although, I wonder if Cory would like this shot in their yearly calendar? :D

ontheriver1of1640.jpg

Paul Abbott - Cargo Containers - Thames, London '09

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

I was planning on taking some documentary images of life and work on the Thames, but kind of gave up on the hunt due to my lens limitations and other picture taking commitments.
My problem is, is that I abstract too much, I think. Although, I wonder if Cory would like this shot in their yearly calendar? :D

ontheriver1of1640.jpg

Paul Abbott - Cargo Containers - Thames, London '09

Paul,

This is one powerful image of multiples going under a fixed point, like the shepherd having the sheep pass under his shepherd's rod to count them. This has a sense of strength, discipline and movement. The color adds a lot of life too!

Asher

Hi Paul,

As an image, I like it a lot. Composition/abstraction caused me to consider whether this is another one of your cityscape skyline series, until I saw the water. Then I read that it's part of a series on the Thames, and it made sense.

Whether its effective as part of a documentary, I don't know. I guess it depends on the other images. I think Cory would be silly if they didn't like this image.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paul,

How's this project going? I'm interested to see what you have gotten. (I was told not to use that word in English class but like it, LOL!)

Asher

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Paul,
As an image to be included with others, as part of a photographic documentary of the Thames - this image would work very well.
As an image that stands on it's own merit - I'd give it the same compliment.
I like it in either context!