• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shadow Creek

Dwayne Oakes

Thanks for taking a look !

p574869169-4.jpg

Dwayne Oakes: Shadow Creek

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for taking a look !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

p574869169-4.jpg

Dwayne,

As you know I'm a fan of your grassland and woodland landscapes scenes. This is a challenge as it's more shaded than I've seen before and the background of our OPF page is simply to bright for me. So I have taken the liberty of also having your picture with a charcoal matte around it so I can see it better. The brightness of my screen simply makes my pupils contract and I can't see the lghter parts of your photograph. This is the first time I've had to do this, but I hope you don't mind.

p574869169-4.jpg

I still need to sit with your new photograph and react to it.

Asher

Asher Kelman

...... your picture with a charcoal matte around it so I can see it better.

p574869169-4.jpg

Dwayne,

This photograph is a success. It intrigues and then invites us to investigate its depth to know what's there in the last light. This is a special treat. It would be a delight to see this even larger. Was this cropped or as shot?

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Dwayne,

I should admit that I am not a huge fan of your signature post processing which was quite predominant in your earlier posts, but I am getting to appreciate your pictures more and more recently. This one is very good. I like the composition and the light is excellent. Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers,

Dwayne Oakes

Hi Dwayne,

I should admit that I am not a huge fan of your signature post processing which was quite predominant in your earlier posts, but I am getting to appreciate your pictures more and more recently. This one is very good. I like the composition and the light is excellent. Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers,

Well thank you Cem ! I appreciate it !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

Asher Kelman

Hi Dwayne,

Cheers,

Cem,

I think part of what's so attractive to you here is the extra work one has to do as an observer. This picture does not deliver on it's goods in one glance.

One is forced to go into the picture, crossing over the shadows of the trees to the place where light filters through and provides some kind of sanctuary to get respite from the darkness. This extra effort is something you respect, Cem.

Asher

JimCollum

pro member
I agree with Asher here. This is a very dynamic landscape photo.. I find myself following the lines.. looking in the shadows expecting at times to see something looking back at me. I don't find it too dark.. it has a haunting look about it, which would disappear if opened up any more

well done!