• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Trip to Nursery --- FLOWERS

shah hossain

Flower shooting trip
Last thursday (25th feb 2010), we went to a nursery in Jeddah(Saudi Arabia) for shooting flowers.
The trip was organized by AL ADASAH HOUSE, a Saudi photography group based in Jeddah. I Woke up very early morning (05:30 a.m) and met 3 of my friends Mukhtar, Murtada and Rustoom. Later at (7:15 a.m) we reached the meeting point in Jeddah. We waited and eventually nearly 25 members joined us (boys/girls). Most amazingly I found out that the Nursery is located inside the International Airport AREA. I've seen planes flying over our heads so many times and We were warned not to take any pictures of flying planes. It was like Nursery was on the RUNWAY. At 08:00 a.m. we started taking pictures in the designated areas of Nursery and finished at 10:00 a.m.
I took 432 pictures in those two hours and found just (ONLY) 14 pictures interesting or notable in my view (as I think). But I am not sorry for that because this was my first time taking pictures of flowers without any teacher's (anyone's) instruction. Beside that I noticed that most of the peoples were using COSTLY MACRO and ZOOM lenses, while I was shooting with a normal (18-55mm) Lense. Though I didn't manage to take good pics, but I am happy to learn something new from those practical actions.
Anyway, Here I am glad to share those 14 pics with you and looking forward to see your comments.

Thank you...

2nle6ie.jpg

2cxhny9.jpg

2z4jxwi.jpg

2qizozd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Shah,

Your humble lens did a great job. Good thing you happened to be there as it did its magic work! Getting 14 out of 432 is an excellent yield, especially taking macro shots, handheld. (I assume no tripod, am I correct?

Now here, showing 14 pictures is like presenting an avalanche of books for one night's reading assignment. Allow me to move a picture or two so we can get comment. One cannot easily discuss such a large number of pictures where some are closely related and others are utterly different. As a start, picture # 2 is shown here with flowers that have a special presence.

I find your work is appealing and you can pat yourself on the back for this achievement. Just try to show your work in groups of similar character to allow comments beyond, "wonderful"!

Asher

Last edited: