• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Harbour of Antwerpen, Belgium

Cem_Usakligil

Here are some pics I took yesterday at a remote part of the harbour of Antwerpen, one of the top 3 harbours in Europe (next to Rotterdam and Hamburg). I am showing them due to a request by a friend whom I cannot disappoint. Thanks for looking.

f20910.jpg

Cheers,

Cem_Usakligil

This one is, yet again, a cliche but what the heck! PS: Before you ask, none of these are HDR images.

f20814.jpg

Cheers,

janet Smith

pro member
f20654.jpg

f20935.jpg

Well I think I can say with confidence that your friend will not be disappointed Cem ;)

These work so well, the sort of place I would avoid, yet you've managed to create striking images with the help of great light and importantly careful composition. I can see the light must have been very difficult to handle in No's 3 & 4 particularly, I wonder if you could dodge the rope attached to the post on the LHS to show more of the texture in it? Just a suggestion.....

Cem_Usakligil

...Well I think I can say with confidence that your friend will not be disappointed Cem ;)

These work so well, the sort of place I would avoid, yet you've managed to create striking images with the help of great light and importantly careful composition. I can see the light must have been very difficult to handle in No's 3 & 4 particularly, I wonder if you could dodge the rope attached to the post on the LHS to show more of the texture in it? Just a suggestion.....
Thanks Jan, appreciated :) I've adjusted the rope and the top part of the pole as per your suggestion, thanks for the tip!

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Cem,

I've been shooting all day and am dead beat. However, these pictures are so good that I have to salute you before getting on the freeway and going home tonight! What is the land to the right of the tree in the first picture. Did you get an adjacent shot? If not, you might have sinned. Will return to this later.

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi All,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Hi Cem,

I've been shooting all day and am dead beat. However, these pictures are so good that I have to salute you before getting on the freeway and going home tonight! What is the land to the right of the tree in the first picture. Did you get an adjacent shot? If not, you might have sinned. Will return to this later.

Asher
Asher I took a lot of variations of this theme some of which including the land to the right of the tree in the picture. But: that area was not an interesting sight nor it constituted a compositional element. Instead it is a bit of a clutter and it can be missed easily. Thanks.

Cheers,