• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wren In The Ruins

Dwayne Oakes

Did a photo shoot at a local stone ruins and sure enough nature has taken it over. Great
little habitat for a one building structure. No other photos in the series.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

p64464484-4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Did a photo shoot at a local stone ruins and sure enough nature has taken it over. Great
little habitat for a one building structure. No other photos in the series.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

p64464484-4.jpg

Dwayne,

To make this wren stand cup to the iron and stone is a considerable challenge. The angular geometry of the steel is very strong. However, that works well if one removes the top layer of stone bricks as the little bird then becomes one's reward for following the lines upwards from the left and there's no distractions above it on the upper left.

I like to see you exploring new milieu for wild creatures. I so like your woodlands. This does not fit with that but it might complement your other work well as a part of a new section. It's worth exploring this general idea in a formal serious way; geometry with a something natural! Still, as a one off, it's fun!

Asher

This is an interesting image, and I think does well in capturing the contrast between the cold, dark stone and metal fence, with the lighter and more colorful bird. Having some sunlight on the wren is a big plus.

You had no choice in the matter, but the image might be a bit stronger if the wren were facing into the image, rather than out, where there is little space for it to "look."

Some crop off the top might enhance the diagonal lines, as Asher suggests.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is an interesting image, and I think does well in capturing the contrast between the cold, dark stone and metal fence, with the lighter and more colorful bird. Having some sunlight on the wren is a big plus.

Don,

This is really remarkable lighting as otherwise, the little thing would have had no chance against all the mass of detail behind it! This is a nice shot!

Asher