• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Post your Big Cat Photos!

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Here is one of mine!

Will_Thompson_C_2011_012K3234.jpg

EF 200mm f2L USM Prime 1/1600 f2.0 ISO 200 1DsMKIII​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

original.jpg

Lion, Serengeti NP
©2008 Winston Mitchell
Sony A700 ,70-400G
1/400s f/8.0 at 280.0mm iso400

Remarkable in composition, mood, regality, texture and color. Am getting more respectful of the Sony use of the Konica Minolta lens and camera heritage. I'd never have thought it would be so good for wildlife photography. However, this is first class!

Asher

Studying the Menu

Nill,

I'm sorry for your loss. I have been rescuing cats and watching go for forty years. I miss everyone of them; well, maybe not Fast Eddy, an incurable alcoholic.

Will,

There seems to be just the two of us...here's another:

original.jpg

Lions, Duba Plains

©2010 Winston C Mitchell
Sony A700 ,70400G
1/800s f/5.6 at 400.0mm iso320

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
This is NOT a House Cat!

It looks like one but is 5 times bigger!

Will_Thompson_C_2011_012K2893.jpg

EF 200mm f2L USM Prime 1/400 f2.0 ISO 800 1DsMKIII​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here is one of mine!

Will_Thompson_C_2011_012K3234.jpg

EF 200mm f2L USM Prime 1/1600 f2.0 ISO 200 1DsMKIII​

Now this is royalty! What a superb animal. Your lens is amazing at 200 f2.0 it does have a narrow DOF but this works to get rid of any wire in an intervening fence.

Asher

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Mike Spinak, Thanks for posting the gorgeous golden light BobCat photo.

Nill Toulme, Thanks for sharing. Sorry for your loss.

Winston Mitchell, Thank you for your multiple really big cat photos. What was your distance to the cats when shooting?

Yardcat

He's not quite as big as some but in his world he's big enough. This is the Bobcat that would come visit the yard of my sister's house in Tucson while we were staying there. His name was Robert. We have since moved into our own home and I really miss these ops.
James

_DSC8593.jpg

Last edited:
The Bobcat images are very interesting. I have never seen one in the wild.

Here's a lion cub:

original.jpg

Lion Cub
Duba Plains, Botswana

Sony-A700 , 70-400G
1/320s f/8.0 at 400.0mm iso640
© 2010 Winston C Mitchell