• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

What is going on here?

Residents of the LA basin should have no difficulty figuring this out. This I thought could happen only in America, but here it is in Israel.

CF000392small.jpg

CF000427_1small.jpg

I'll explain tomorrow.

scott

technical data -- Hasselblad SWC/M T*CF 38/4.5 point 'n shoot with P45+ digital back attached. Shooting today mostly at ISO 100, f/11 and 1/250.

Last edited:
what's going on here?

Does this help?

CF000404small.jpg

Besides the boom-cam, on the longest boom I've ever encountered, there are three towers with five cameras on top, a 50 meter high cherry-picker out of the frame to the left with one camera, and two cameramen roaming at ground level. Plus the guy with mini-DV equipment doing the "making of."

scott

It's "reality" TV

An Israeli show called "The Race to the Million" (shekels, not dollars), with eleven pairs of contestants. The "race" element was not convincing, as I think this is decided on social, not athletic competition. The contestants came running down the street, through the flags that you see in picture #2, extracted a set of car keys by untwisting about 100 m of heavy yellow twisted and knotted rope, then climbed up to their cars, which were then lowered to the ground so that they could drive off to the airport to leave for their next adventure. You have to wonder why most of the construction gear in the city and two studies worth of camera crews were dedicated to create this non-event, but that's entertainment. I hope Hyundai got their money's worth for loaning the cars.

scott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
An Israeli show called "The Race to the Million" (shekels, not dollars), with eleven pairs of contestants. The "race" element was not convincing, as I think this is decided on social, not athletic competition. The contestants came running down the street, through the flags that you see in picture #2, extracted a set of car keys by untwisting about 100 m of heavy yellow twisted and knotted rope, then climbed up to their cars, which were then lowered to the ground so that they could drive off to the airport to leave for their next adventure. You have to wonder why most of the construction gear in the city and two studies worth of camera crews were dedicated to create this non-event, but that's entertainment. I hope Hyundai got their money's worth for loaning the cars.

scott

Japanese-Game-Show-finale.jpg

This seems to be half between the setups of the American game shows and the extreme humiliating shows in Japan where folk really have to be so childish as in a kid's party. Wackiness must have some distracting benefit in our pressured lives!

Asher

game shows

I'm not that familiar with game shows, except what I see our kids watching on the weekend satirical programs and the KidsChannel. We also like to slather goop over the contestants when they do anything wrong, but they don't seem to be humiliated by it. This episode airs in about a month. If I catch it, I'll be curious to see if they edit to make it look like a genuine competition, which it wasn't.

scott