• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: I miss home...

fahim mohammed

Every 3 or 4 hours it would rain. Hard. sometimes very hard.

Outside I would seek shelter in a coffee shop or the like.

In the hotel the sofa on the left had become mine. Everyone knew it.

I would just lie there watching the rain. I missed home. I would go to sleep.

p524171340-5.jpg

I like the "simple shelter" of a terrace, as well, to hide and watch the rain falls (usually I take off my shoes to walk on the drenched ground and I get a cold, no matter). Your shelter is so elegant though, I love the chandelier. I think watching the rain in these condition might make you feel a bit special. A kind of serenity....

fahim mohammed

Thank you Sandrine for stopping by. I am used to simple things. This hotel just happened.
I am ok with rain and sun. But rain and dull makes me depressed..fast. Especially if I am alone.

Here I would look for somebody to strike up a conversation, call home or really go to sleep!!

Regards.

Jerome Marot

This is a very nice picture. I am particularly impressed by the composition. OTOH, I am not so sure about the grain and dark shadows: is this a digital B&W conversion or did you use film?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Every 3 or 4 hours it would rain. Hard. sometimes very hard.

Outside I would seek shelter in a coffee shop or the like.

In the hotel the sofa on the left had become mine. Everyone knew it.

I would just lie there watching the rain. I missed home. I would go to sleep.

p524171340-5.jpg

What a great story and picture. Your voice comes from deep inside and makes the picture show it's emptiness and the feeling of being far away from home and loved ones. In our ears we hear the rain hitting the roof and the wind brushing the trees.

This is a great sharing of human feelings that we can all share. Thanks!

Asher

BTW, how did you process the film?

fahim mohammed

Jerome, Asher.

I am grateful that you folks stopped by.

Asher, I honestly was lonely amongst all that was on offer. I missed my wife. I missed my kids.

This was shot on a D700 using a ZF 50/1.4 Planar. In Color.

I used the Alienskin ' Exposure 2 ' module to convert to BW using a simulator for Tri-X pushed 2 stops.

I further added some grain selectively. I really felt that way.

Thank you both for your comments.

Best.

Jerome Marot

I further added some grain selectively. I really felt that way.

I understand why you added that grain, but maybe you should try a little less grain. I find that the grain interferes with the rain when I read the picture. Obviously, you feel differently, but then you had the experience of being there and I had not, which makes it easier for you to read the picture. If you leave the picture alone for a few days and come back at it with a fresh mind, you may understand what I mean.

Charlotte Thompson

Fahim

Wonderfully poetic! a gorgeous lounging dream of a photo-

in the rain dress
where I can wash a hundred
clothes
rest on pillows
and be served language
a friendly conversation
by two-

C. Thompson

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Expressive image. A couple of points would enhance it for me. One, less grain, and two, the dark patch at the lower left corner which is distracting and should be CAF'ed (caffed?).

fahim mohammed

Expressive image. A couple of points would enhance it for me. One, less grain, and two, the dark patch at the lower left corner which is distracting and should be CAF'ed (caffed?).

Rajan, thank you for stopping. You suggestions are gratefully received. Let me return to the lab!
Preparation might be a little delayed :)

Thanks again and best regards.