Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Landscape - Travel

Old February 9th, 2012, 08:59 PM

Default Silhouette branches

I recently acquired a nice used nikkor 300mm f4.5 ais and am having a blast. The feel of the focus is great. I've read it's a nice lens for shooting into the sun, so I gave it a shot.

no crop

c
crop one

crop two

And a moon shot for fun

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakekleinphotography/
Old February 10th, 2012, 08:07 AM

A shot like that looks like a recipe for flare and CA but both seem to be well under control. I'm a Canon man myself so have no knowledge of that specific lens.....looks like a good 'un though.

Bob
Old February 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Latham View Post
A shot like that looks like a recipe for flare and CA but both seem to be well under control. I'm a Canon man myself so have no knowledge of that specific lens.....looks like a good 'un though.

Bob
I'm sure there are much better. For the price($300) though, there are not many 300mm primes in that range in great shape like this one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakekleinphotography/