• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Photographing Photographers

Michael Nagel

This picture was taken during the demolition of the Agfa-Buidling in Munich. A short movie of the event is here.

This photo was not planned that way, but I like the result:

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This picture was taken during the demolition of the Agfa-Buidling in Munich. A short movie of the event is here.

This photo was not planned that way, but I like the result:

Best regards,
Michael

This is a great picture: action, a story, room for our imagination to work, great color and perfect for public showing!

But what of the composition? Who can comment?

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Michael, this is a fantastic image! The rather unusual composition really opens this picture to various interpretations. This is mine: photography for many "non-pros" is just an equipment competition. Flawless pp and latest gadgets are the essence of pictures, nobody seems to care about evoking thoughts anymore. Thank you for this picture!

Michael Nagel

Asher - thanks. This was cropped from the original photo as the format suggests.

Jarmo - thank you. I can follow your interpretation. There is a word for that, coined by a well-known imagebord ;) I would also see the term 'sensation-seeking' appropriate as description for the picture.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael,

I've just realized there's a face looking back from the DSLR! That's a great extra! This picture means to me that content is the bases for most of the pictures success. Composition is adequate for the job, and that's all that's really needed for most images), and allows the intentions of everyone to come through. This really works well. BTW, it would work fine in almost any crop, that's how engaging it is!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,

the face looking back was one of the main reason why I kept this picture. I love these - sometimes odd - details.

I have to dig in my archive to find the original version. Could be an interesting experiment for cropping.

Best regards,
Michael