• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Darwin, Sept 2012

Sam Hames

You've been busy recently, 4 cities in one day ;) !

Is that a bicycle rack or a sculpture? I can't help but compare the places side by side, the compare and contrast game is fascinating.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Tom,

I had to return for more and offer that these would be praised and appreciated in any good gallery. The dynamic of contrasts between the human figure with intent and purpose and hidden thought and history passing results of human endeavor provide excellent images to keep revisiting, each time with new meaning and value.

There are so many decisions you made that make the pictures work so for us. For example, in the first image, the horizontal form allows for the play out of the run of windows. That sign post, gives a stuccato stopping point to attract the eye back from the person passing, so we can see it all again. In the second image, the portrait choice for framing does well with the extra tall archway the woman is traversing.

Now that you have these pictures that work so well, imagine you already decided to return to these places and take more shots. If, so, how might you approach these opportunities again?

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Gee, Asher, my mate. I just take pictures of good looking girls. I didn't notice any of the other stuff.
I'll go back and see if I can find some more girls for you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Gee, Asher, my mate. I just take pictures of good looking girls. I didn't notice any of the other stuff.
I'll go back and see if I can find some more girls for you.

Great then, Tom! You show yours and I'll share mine! Still, you're modest in so describing these two pictures. If they were just about the girls, we'd have more femininity dominating, but here they're real girls, we cannot know, who each complement and contrast the geometry of the spaces they pass by. Just you're really modest .... and try to hide it being "Aussie" from the outback: rough, blunt, contrary and raspy. :)

Asher