• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bronte Parsonage

Paul Abbott

I had visited Haworth earlier this year with my wife, who is also from Yorkshire, Huddersfield to be exact. This is where the Bronte sisters resided for a time. Some of the scenes in Wuthering Heights were set on the moor known as Top Withens, behind the Parsonage. I'll be visiting Top Withens next week and hoping for some photographs of the place...
A couple days before taking this we had been snowed in at the Silent Inn in Ponden, by huge snowdrifts in the roads. It's a very hilly place but by the time I arrived in Haworth it had cleared moreso to a certain extent...

No sooner we left, Patti Smith turned up on the following weekend visiting the Parsonage and gave a small concert in the town hall. She's a big fan of the Bronte's. :)

Bronte Parsonage - Haworth, Yorkshire '13 - Paul Abbott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paul,

This is one stark cold day! Are there benches for folk to sit when they visit grave sites there? Looks like a hare bobbed through the snow.

Asher

Paul Abbott

No seats here, Asher...It's much more preferable to be sat in a tea room just round the corner from here. Betty's the name of the owner and she makes a grand cuppa...along with some delicious Parkin. :)