• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Moxie Falls

Don Ferguson Jr.

Moxie Falls is about a 90 foot waterfall kinda off the beaten path near Greenville Maine. Taken handheld with 17-85 IS 1/8 sec.
Don

IMG_4837-Edit-Edit_zps079cf7ea.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Moxie Falls is about a 90 foot waterfall kinda off the beaten path near Greenville Maine. Taken handheld with 17-85 IS 1/8 sec.
Don

Don,

You've done well! I always find massive waterfalls like this so hard to photograph to get in the thunder, spray and majesty that they provide us in their presence. It's such an all encompassing experience.

I wonder whether one could combine a slow shutter with the sparking high speed strobe capture of glittering spray.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Thanks for the permission to try my workflow on your interesting picture. I just imagined the effect of that constant spray on the vegetation!

IMG_4837-Edit-Edit_zps079cf7eaAK.jpg

Here's my interpretation to give a sense of the dense rich foliage and brisk water. Sorrt, no spray droplets! Next time, we need a slow and a fast shutter pair of shots1

Asher

Don Ferguson Jr.

Asher, looks like a nice dark forest. Mine above the last version edited with more vibrance seems it may be a little too bright and on Firefox yours is pretty dark so thinking something like you did a tad brighter.
Thanks for editing and I guess you did selective color to darken the greens and the same WB as mine used ?
My kit 17-85 IS lens did great for being handheld I thought. B&H has the 17-55 IS 2.8 on sale now for $777.79 so I am thinking about getting one.:D
Have a great Thanksgiving.
Don