• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

PHOTO OF THE DAY: The Family

Robert Watcher

PHOTO OF THE DAY: The Family

Typical isn't it - - - mom cleaning - dad relaxing - boy and dog

20140517-RSW72530-Edit.jpg

--------

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rob,

The coloring integrates the elements so well. Did you add an overall coloring, such as a filter with some yellow and a tad of a grunge technique? Or else, is the light and texture of the place, out of the camera, just like that. This fusion and unity of elements effect reminds me of an image by Maggie Terlecki, where a cyan-like filter and texture was added.

Asher

Robert Watcher

Rob,

The coloring integrates the elements so well. Did you add an overall coloring, such as a filter with some yellow and a tad of a grunge technique? Or else, is the light and texture of the place, out of the camera, just like that. This fusion and unity of elements effect reminds me of an image by Maggie Terlecki, where a cyan-like filter and texture was added.

Asher

Hopefully this will help answer Asher. These were the steps used for the image above - http://openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18390

-------

Rob,

Asher

Hi Asher,
I actually don't use a filter to do this cyan colorwork. I use layers of color, noise, texture and blending modes, then mask to keep the rich oranges/yellow/reds etc., and then add vignetting. I think what is similar is that Robert's work also has a color that brings a certain flavor to his images - moving them away from exactly how the eye sees to how it makes you feel. His end result feels much more masculine and grittier, but I think that works amazingly well with his images. I must say, too, that being compared to anything he does (even in the slightest) is quite an honor for me. Thank you.