• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Are YOU a Terrorist?"

kombizz kashani

"Would you tells us if you are a terrorist?" that man asked that poor woman on street just because she observed her Hejob, or Islamic head scarf!
I guess these days where ever 'you' go you are under suspicious UNLESS 'you' stay at home !
"FEAR" of New Terrorism !?

1076828-large.jpg

http://www.usefilm.com/image/1076828.html

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Kombizz,

She is beautiful and has an open headscarf.

Where is it?

Did you hear the comments?

Asher

kombizz kashani

@ Angelica
Thank you for your comment.
In the International law, the word, 'terrorist' does NOT have any country, it could be anybody from anywhere.
As I searched the word, terrorist in a Thesaurus, I got so many definitions. Also when I looked at the small pictures on the right, I realized what a terrorist look like !
The answer to your question, I took that funny image in Iran.

Namaste'

I'm not sure I am getting the intent of this post. Were these fellows asking the young woman that question or are you just asking us that question?

Angelica Oung

Wait a minute though. If you took it in Iran, why would the men think that she's a terrorist? Isn't Iran an Islamic country? LOL I was thinking that the photo was taken in France or something. I cannot possibly imagine that her hijab would be considered unusual or out of line in Iran, unless it's because it didn't cover enough of her.

There's definitely something both threatening and defensive about the men in the picture. Is it possible that you have misinterpreted the scene? Maybe they are saying "Why are you not wearing a chador and exposing yourself by wearing such a skimpy hijab, and a colored one at that? Are YOU a godless slut?" By the way, what is he holding in his hand?

Here's a blogpost I found of the kind of hijabs that's considered obligatory in Iran. Do click on the link, it is both funny and sad. Let's just put it this way, I don't think this young lady in the picture you took was harassed for wearing too much headscarf.

By the way, I too would like to share an image...this time taken on the streets of Taipei. A couple of Islamic women in head-to-toe burqas were shopping with their kids, brightly bedecked in pink.
IMGP2766.jpg

I've got nothing against Islam itself or reasonable headscarves, but it breaks my heart to think that one day she might too have to walk in the sweltering heat covered from head to toe in black fabric.

KrisCarnmarker

I think Kombizz may be taking some artistic freedom here :)

I though it looked suspicious from the beginning, and now that Kombizz has confirmed it was taken in Iran, I think so even more.

Regarding the Hijab and the Abaya. In my seven years in the ME (3 in Saudi and now 4 in UAE),
I have come to understand that wearing the Abaya and/or Hijab is not an Islamic practice but a cultural one. Almost every local that I have asked has confirmed this. Islam dictates modesty and that women should cover themselves, but not how. This is why you see so many variants. Look at the Afgan women, or Malaysian. All different.

Angelica, I too feel for the women all covered in black. The summers here are very very hot (45-50 degrees) and while the men wear the best possible dress to cope with the heat, the women have the worst possible. However, believe it or not, you girls long for the day they can wear the Abaya. It is their sign of womanhood!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Kombizz,
She is beautiful and has an open headscarf.
Where is it?
Did you hear the comments?
Asher

@ Asher
Thank you for your comment.
May I ask you what comments are you talking about?
Please read my answer to Angelica.
Thanks, & take care

There is ambiguity in your title and the picture.

• Did you hear the men ask her "Are YOU a terrorist?"
  • Did you make that title just as an interesting headline to grab attention?

That's why I asked. I want to interpret the picture in the correct sense of your title but I would like to know if it occured or this is just something you thought of yourself.

Without any direction I see 3 young people on the street of a major city. I don't get any argument out of it. They could be discussing the price of gasoline, the war in Iraq or the best way of cooking shishkebab! They might even be arguing about what Hamlet really meant.

So that's why I ask.

I can't remember who has yellow telephone booths in the street like that. I'd guess Turkey, but I'm sure I'm wrong!

Asher

I think Kombizz may be taking some artistic freedom here :)

I'd think the same, it is mildly provocative.... the beauty of the woman and the ulgy face of terror. However, I feel it is a weak provocation.

Iran being a split country, on the one side ultra conservatives and total whackjobs like that chap in his sad Jacket <grins> and on the other side modern free thinking people like Shirin Ebadi. Lawyer, human rights activist and nobel peace price winner.

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2003/ebadi-autobio.html

Ray West

Hi Kombiz,

No, my friend she is not a nun.
She is simply a Muslim lady who follows the Islamic manner by covering her hair and body.
I said she was dressed like a nun. I never said she was a nun. The clothing is very similar. The guys look 'rough', like many all over, and are wearing western clothing. There is nothing in your image to suggest 'terrorism', unless you want to suggest it by your title. There is nothing in the image to suggest Iran. In the UK, it appears that half the doctors that practice medicine here are clandestine bombers, if the media reports are to be believed.

Now, putting it in context.

"Would you tells us if you are a terrorist?" that man asked that poor woman on street just because she observed her Hejob, or Islamic head scarf!
I guess these days where ever 'you' go you are under suspicious UNLESS 'you' stay at home !
"FEAR" of New Terrorism !?
Were the words you quoted above actually asked of the lady, or were they something you made up? Why is she a poor woman, I guess that is your interpretation of her situation? What happened next? Are the guys reporters, whatever, or mates of yours, a staged shot perhaps?

Bets wishes,

Ray