• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Visitor

StuartRae

I had a visitor to my garden this morning. I assume it's someone's pet :)

All taken with a 350D + EF 70-300 IS at f5.6.

Mmm,, that looks interesting

IMG_3210-01.jpg

Oh no! I've been spotted!

IMG_3213-01-2.jpg

Better make sure he's not following me.

IMG_3214-01.jpg

Regards,

Stuart

Marcus Peddle

Great closeup of kitty's face. I would love to have a long telephoto but I wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost. Hmmm, not that that has stopped me in the past . . .

StuartRae

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for looking.

Hmmm, not that that has stopped me in the past . . .

LOL, I know the feeling. In fact the 70-300 is relatively inexpensive, and although not as well built as L lenses is optically quite good.

Stuart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Name this bird!

Stuart,

I love the cats! They look as if there's a group of hair stylist blow drying and grooming them before they come on the "catwalk"!

The bird is handsome!

What's the species name and common name of the bird? Otherwise it cannot be found by anyone searching here!

Asher

BTW, if you are looking at this bird on a laptop and the rich orange-sienna color seems posterized, change the angle of the screen, usually bend it towards you and the color will become smooth and without artifact.

StuartRae

Asher,

Thanks for looking.

I love the cats! They look as if there's a group of hair stylist blow drying and grooming them...

Cats always look well groomed, but all they need is a tongue and a paw :)

What's the species name and common name of the bird?

Anyone in the UK will recognise the Robin, voted Britain's favourite bird and a frequent emblem on Christmas cards.

Latin name Erithacus rubecula.

Despite its cute appearance it's an aggressive little chap, and very territorial, especially at this time of year. In fact it's so testosterone laden that it has a very short life span.

I believe you have 'Robins' in the States, but they are in fact a member of the Thrush family and not related.

Ref. http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/r/robin/index.asp and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Robin

Regards,

Stuart

Cem_Usakligil

...I believe you have 'Robins' in the States, but they are in fact a member of the Thrush family and not related.
Furthermore, some of them are adopted members of the Wayne family! LOL...

I loved the pictures, thanks for showing. Might even show some of my cats' pictures if you'd ask me to ;-)

Cheers,

Cem

Cem_Usakligil

Why not?

A thought - <cats'> - pictures of your cats or pictures taken by your cats? :)

Stuart
Judging by the unyielding stares they sometimes give me, I assume that they indeed take pictures in their own way. I wonder what their sensor resolution and dynamic range is and how much memory capacity they have (LOL).

Will share some of mine with you since you've so kindly asked. Off to find some nice ones ... ;-)

Cheers,

Cem

Cem_Usakligil

Jinx & Boogie

Here are my cats, which are half-brother (Boogie) and half-sister (Jinx) of each other.
They are Ragdolls and they have a very nice/friendly character.

Jinx:
cats-2.jpg

Boogie:
cats-1.jpg

Sleeping together:
cats-3.jpg

Hope you liked them.

Cheers,

Cem

janet Smith

pro member
This one doesn't look too worried! He's got that nasty cat well covered!

Nice shots, I particularly like the last one of the three, what lens/aperture did you use for these? glad to see the robin up high away from the cats!! I'm always finding remnants of blue tits and robins in my garden, a neighbours cat is always coming in despite my dog prowling around, Kim's old and slow now and the cat knows all too well they can outrun her.....

janet Smith

pro member
Cem

What beautiful cats, like the second and last one best, would be nice to be able to see their beautiful eyes a bit more, do you have any more?

Cem_Usakligil

Cem

What beautiful cats, like the second and last one best, would be nice to be able to see their beautiful eyes a bit more, do you have any more?
Thanks Jan,

I do indeed have some pics showing their beautiful eyes. Will post when I get back home from work.

Kr,

Cem

StuartRae

Here are my cats, which are half-brother (Boogie) and half-sister (Jinx) of each other.

Hi Cem,

Thanks for showing us your pictures. I particularly like the last one - all played out!

Nice shots, I particularly like the last one of the three, what lens/aperture did you use for these?

Hi Jan,

All taken with a 70-300 IS at 300mm and f5.6.

Regards,

Stuart