• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A few more

Doug Earle

Here are a few more from the same session. similar lighting on the screened ones, the others have a large softbox camera left and a large 4X8 ft. foamcore reflector camera right, with a snooted boom hairlight with a mind of its own.

3259393058_91fccdeae3.jpg

3258561517_c9de3c0b8a.jpg

3258560147_0ebf7d045b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here are a few more from the same session. similar lighting on the screened ones, the others have a large softbox camera left and a large 4X8 ft. foamcore reflector camera right, with a snooted boom hairlight with a mind of its own.

3259393058_91fccdeae3.jpg

This picture really makes it seem like she's on the other side of the confessional. The expression is suggestive but as if waiting your answer. I do prefer the lighting here as it models her in a less harsh way. This I do like. The background here does no harm and works.

The middle one I might like, but given the netting it's small for the detail rich texture. However the lighting is improved on the most recent full length figure behind the netting that you shared.

This last one is pleasant.

She's relaxed, lit well it seems although at this small size, the details cannot be discerned. I'd like to see a larger picture and a 100% cutout of her face and hands.

Tell us how you plan to print these?

Asher

Doug Earle

Asher:
Thanks. I'm going to have to look for another photo hosting site as the one I'm using reduces the images to 500 pixels longest side.

I haven't thought about printing these. I've just got an inexpensive inkjet so won't even bother. Any suggestions?

Asher Kelman

Doug,

This picture should be printed at least on 13" wide paper for an 15"x9.75" print or 20"x13" full bleed. Now that would be impressive!. So for that you'd need a 13" wide printer. The Epson, HP and Canon pigment printers are very close. All are very capable right out of the box and there are profiles available for most papers. Custom profiles can be had for $50-$85, but are not always needed. This size paper allows for a substantial matted print. Framed this would be up to 20"x27", if you wish.

This would be even more wonderful a little larger and for that you can choose to get it printed by West coast Imaging or A&I for example.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Doug,

I liked this picture when you first showed it. Have you had it printed yet? The use of fabric in photography provides a counterpoint to the smooth skin of the model, particularly effective here. I like the space on the right that appears to allow for an imagined path beside and beyond her. That extra unknown helps to take the picture beyond the ordinary. The real test is the impact of the print itself.

Asher