• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

iceland

1. R

Midnight Sun

At Hvallátur, Iceland.
  2. R

Puffins in Golden Light

More images from that night in my photo essay Golden Light at Látrabjarg.
  3. R

Kids in Djúpavík

Kids in Djúpavík in the Westfjords of Iceland.
  4. R

Selárdalur

Midnight sun sings in Selárdalur, near Samúel Jónsson's farm. For background reading, see my blog post.
  5. R

Sunset in Vestmannaeyjar

'Twin' suns setting the other night, seen from Heimaey.
  6. R

Bucolic

Around midnight tonight in Fljótshlíð in south Iceland. In the backdrop, obscured by mist and clouds, is the active volcano Eyjafjallajökull. From my blog post.
  7. R

Rescue!

Of a hapless ewe trapped in a snowy ditch on a mountain pass in Iceland. Details and video here.
  8. R

A Room with a View

A Room with a View.
  9. R

Dynjandi

Taken a few moments ago, just before midnight here in Iceland. Dynjandi is perhaps the most beautiful waterfall in Iceland, likened to a tiered wedding cake, and is located in the Westfjords region. It is also known as Fjallfoss. Taken with 5DII + TS-E 24L II -
  10. R

Eruption in Iceland

This is the magnificent mountain Lómagnúpur in southeast Iceland. See my photo essay Eruption in Iceland for context.
  11. R

A Mývatn Dream

For some background and more images, please see my photo essay A Mývatn Dream.
  12. R

Krýsuvíkurbjarg

One of the great bird cliff of Iceland. See my photo essay Krýsuvíkurbjarg.
  13. R

Homage to the Pizzle

From my blog post Homage to the Pizzle. Photograph of the painting "Madonna Borealis" by Cheo Cruz.
  14. R

The Icelandic Horse

Horses in the midnight sun near Húsavík in Iceland. From my photo essay The Icelandic Horse.
  15. R

Búðir

From my photo essay Búðir.
  16. R

Contretemps in Jökulsárlón

See Contretemps in Jökulsárlón for the back story.
  17. R

Dyrfjöll

From my blog post Dyrfjöll.
  18. R

Portrait of a Centenarian

Ólafur Pétursson of Iceland, now 101 years old. From my photo essay Witness to Katla.
  19. R

Skógafoss

Waterfall in south Iceland. From my blog post Skógafoss.
  20. R

Hraundrangi

The pinnacle at Hraundrangi in north Iceland. More images of this magnificent area in my photo essay Hraundrangi.