• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

linhof

1. D

Twice bitten, not shy (LF)

Some photographs want to be made, and I have had the most incredible luck making this one. I was on the beach when visiting family in the Cape, bag with my ole' Linhof Technika over my shoulder. A single unexposed sheet of HP5+ film left (I know, this sounds so clichéd, but...) It was mildly...
  2. D

LF: Contact Printing!

Well, not that this is news - people have known for about 150 years - but I have done my first contact print, and it's quite something to behold. I get the feeling that the conventional calculations in terms of the human eye being able to see such-and-such resolution on a print do not tell the...
  3. D

LF: Reach for the light (a clash of elements)

Hi All, I would like to share the following image, with a short explanation of what lead up to it below. Reach for the light (Linhof Technika V, Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar 150mm at f/5.6, Ilford Technical Line Film at ISO 6, 4 seconds exposure, developed in diluted D-76 for continuous tones...