• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: A Palace of mirrors..

fahim mohammed

p176635355.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Fahim,

It's so ornate. I can see that there are repeats of patterns but there also seems to be different folk doing their own thing as some walls seem not to relate to others. I guess this palace has had a long history and perhaps different areas were used for various purposes for which the patterns worked.

Where is this?

Asher

fahim mohammed

Fahim,

It's so ornate. I can see that there are repeats of patterns but there also seems to be different folk doing their own thing as some walls seem not to relate to others. I guess this palace has had a long history and perhaps different areas were used for various purposes for which the patterns worked.

Where is this?

Asher

Asher, thanks for looking in.

This was taken ( I am told ) inside the Agra Fort in Agra, India. The Fort is more of a walled city.
It has a history of its own and what you say could possibly be the case. However, I cannot say for sure.

Regards.

Asher Kelman

Fahim,

Do you recognize influences of art from the Turkish Empire or Islamic art or is this different?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Fahim - this reminds me of sections of Karen Knorrs recent work - worth looking at I think..

as ever thanks for sharing..

cheers

Mark and Fahim,

Together you've humbled us by what you share!

Fahim, your work is bitingly true and honest and then Mark, you have introduced us to a fantasy that at first I thought was entirely factual, representing elegant extravagance of Indian rich culture, but then gradually, the wild animals themselves testified to the superficialities and pretense.

Thanks,

Asher