• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Jeff A.

Is the image circle large enough to cover the Fuji GFX sensor. The lens would be attached via Fringer Canon to GFX smart adapter.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Do you already have the Len and adapter?

It should work well at the higher magnifications. The only question is at 0.5 end.

You can get adapters with a built in lens correction for Canon to GFX.

Asher Kelman

If you haven’t purchased the adapter, look at Fringer Pro, it has updateable firmware and does all sorts of lens corrections too.

Metabones has one with a built adapter the multiplies the image size by a factor to allow the full field to be used in the GFX.

Remember to close down the aperture of your lens if you want more of the edges in sharp focus.

Asher Kelman

Here’s the adapter I have used to allow the images to be seen 1:1.

68F9F76F-DEA1-4E0F-95F3-FC7AB1DF54F7.jpeg

This is made by Metabones, a company with a decade or more of experience with lens to different camera adapters that really work well.

Please note that you have to calibrate each new lens and keep the firmware updated.

The lens inside is made up of high quality optical glass elements by Caldwell Photographic, a reputable American company.

I recommend it!

Asher

Last edited:

Jeff A.

Thanks. I have the Fringer Pro 2 already. Some Canon lenses cover the GFX sensor. Because the 65mm macro does not focus at infinity, only starts at 1:1 and goes to 5:1 has anyone used this combination?