• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Even more from Juhannus

Jarmo Juntunen

_img1280.jpg

Muuratjärvi, Finland

And the ripples? This is what caused them:

_img1280.jpg

Young fisherman at Muuratjärvi

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
_img1280.jpg

Muuratjärvi, Finland

Missing the boat, a diptych doesn't seem to work as well but this is very calming and perfect for a law office!

And the ripples? This is what caused them:

_img1280.jpg

Young fisherman at Muuratjärvi

This is so special!

I appreciate you locating the young fisherman. But more time is worth devoting to him to line up your composition and go from wonderful and nice to a show stopper that one talks about. You have all the elements and you are not far off.

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

This is so special!

I appreciate you locating the young fisherman. But more time is worth devoting to him to line up your composition and go from wonderful and nice to a show stopper that one talks about. You have all the elements and you are not far off.

Asher

Thank you Asher, I appreciate your opinion and advice. But I'm not quite sure I follow. How would you improve the composition?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you Asher, I appreciate your opinion and advice. But I'm not quite sure I follow. How would you improve the composition?

The art of fishing is one of patience and contemplation and outwitting the fish. For such, an horizontal aspect including more ripples and a long expanse is water and horizon could be worth experimenting with.

My idea is to go back and find more fishermen and work on this more. That's what Ansel did and so did Monet!

The subject is so wonderful that it's worth a special investment in revisiting, even if you have to bring your own fisherman from time to time. As the sky and seasons change you will have an amazing series!

Right now you have an enjoyable single shot that opens a path to a really impactful and memorable body of work that could be compelling.

Asher