• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Gaoersi 6x17 Camera

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Is there a Gaorsi link to the G2 shift and is the G3 a typo?

And again, I couldn't find reference to the Gaorsi II and had never heard of the Gaorsi III. The Garosi site doesn't appear to have them! I'd really like to know if it doesn't bother the Babel of linguistics! There's one for sale. I asked about serivice. They said France and Hong Kong only for that seller! Ugh!!! Any USA dealers/service?

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
When i need shift/tilt, i put the 6x17 back on my Wista. Here i can use a 75mmSA - it´s horizontal very extreme . . but it works even just without a centerfilter. Vignetting i compensate in Photoshop.

I always wished to have the Gaoersi but - as i said - they were not to find at the time. They´re somewhat more elegant as the DaYi i think.

best, Klaus
Hi Kalus,

What would you do now if you were to buy a 4x5 and a 6x17 back? What differences are there in flatness and use in the backs?

Has anyone experience with the Canham electric backs?

Asher

BTW, I have, at last found the reference to the Gaorsi II with the shift here .

Last edited:
Hi Murray,

I couldn't find reference to the Gaorsi II and had never heard of the Gaorsi III. The Garosi site doesn't appear to have them! I'd really like to know if it doesn't bother the Babel of linguistics! There's one for sale. I asked about serivice. They said France and Hong Kong only for that seller! Ugh!!! Any USA dealers/service?

Asher

Sorry Asher, that was a typo on my part - it was supposed to read the G2 Shift not the G3 Shift which clearly does not exist. I seem to have dropped off the distribution list for this thread for a while and didn't notice your question.

Regards,
Murray