• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nikon Z8

Chris Calohan

Ah the sweet sorrows of a new camera...
Nikon has a service advisory for certain serial numbers for the new Z 8 camera.
And...yes, mine was one of the numbers being recalled.
I spent an entire week going through all the videos by Steve Perry and Hudson Henry on tweaking the setup with 4 shooting banks -Standard, everyday shooting, Action - Birds in flight and other fast movers, Landscape and finally, Bank 4 for Astro.
I shall lament every day it is away, but to be honest, getting a good, easy fit with the lenses to the body wasn't exactly a picnic.

Siggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

I am certain you still will have pleasure as never before! Nikon wants to get its cameras out there and then with enough new “testers”, the hidden faults surface.

Will they actually repair and return your camera or will they replace it?

Asher