• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: The long way home

Prateek Dubey

17872-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey: The long way home

This picture is about a long and arduous trek to a Temple located at an altitude of 4100m. Its a Sikh temple. Many old men, women and children cannot climb at such a steep angle, so there are locals who carry such people on their backs in a specially made wicker basket. This guy is carrying a child. The place is also famous for the valley of flowers, which fortunately most pilgrims ignore and carry on their task of completing the journey. The valley of flowers is a heritage site where a lot of rare flowers bloom naturally.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
17872-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey: The long way home

This picture is about a long and arduous trek to a Temple located at an altitude of 4100m. Its a Sikh temple. Many old men, women and children cannot climb at such a steep angle, so there are locals who carry such people on their backs in a specially made wicker basket. This guy is carrying a child. The place is also famous for the valley of flowers, which fortunately most pilgrims ignore and carry on their task of completing the journey. The valley of flowers is a heritage site where a lot of rare flowers bloom naturally.[/QUOTE]

I'm so impressed, Prateek with you, your picture and the elements of it. That man labors so hard for his daily bread. The family of that child, trusts him with their defenseless offspring. The path of hard to walk on with stones that are uneven and likely moist and slippery from the dew and moss. Still there's elemental beauty in these simple facts. A hard journey but one of devotion and hope for a better future.

All the while, no one is, thankfully, destroying the flowers nearby.

I do wonder about the monotonous grey sky on the upper left. What did you do? anything special?

Asher

Prateek Dubey

Thank you so much Asher. I was sure your keen eye would notice it. Actually there was a constant movement of cloud, which over there is at the same level as you are. It appears more like heavy fog, but moves quickly. The light beyond the trees is sunlight. The picture was shot in jpeg as I was new to digital photography and didn't know much about the RAW format that my D200 had. So there are a lot of details which are missing, also the tonal range in the area just at the rim of the trees is a bit compressed.
The place is famous for a plant called the Brahmakamal ( Lotus of Brahma), It only blooms during July/august above 3000m . There is a hefty fine if you pluck that flower, but a temple priest was busy plucking it and filling his gunny bag . I got into a big fight with him. He disappeared before I could tell the authorities about him. But I took his picture too and showed it to the guards. I hope they caught him.

This picture is about a long and arduous trek to a Temple located at an altitude of 4100m. Its a Sikh temple. Many old men, women and children cannot climb at such a steep angle, so there are locals who carry such people on their backs in a specially made wicker basket. This guy is carrying a child. The place is also famous for the valley of flowers, which fortunately most pilgrims ignore and carry on their task of completing the journey. The valley of flowers is a heritage site where a lot of rare flowers bloom naturally.

That's a fine image you've made Prateek. Composition an tonality are very nice. However, I do wonder if we are being deprived of beautiful colors ..., I love color, especially subtle ones.

Cheers,
Bart

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Wow, the picture is great, and the message attached to it. Really impressive. Cannot add more to this, since Asher always does. Don't know from where he takes the words!

fahim mohammed

Prateek, that is one powerful image. The strength of one's belief/s and the pain one endures for its
promise is beautifully conveyed in this image. The bw rendition to me is lovely.

Regards.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
"The pain one endures for it's promise" in a photograph!

The strength of one's belief/s and the pain one endures for its
promise is beautifully conveyed in this image.

Fahim and Prateek,

We're privileged to have both of you:

• the lone photographer through who's eyes we see dediication to deliver dedication and hope
  • the one who's vision seeks the spiritual clues, the potential to make man noble.

Asher