• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Michigan Republican presidential primary election

Doug Kerr

The state of Michigan will conduct presidential primary elections on Tuesday, February 28, 2012.

Any voter registered in Michigan may vote in the Republican primary election. By choosing to do so, he declares himself to be a "Republican", and that association is then a matter of public information. (His actual vote at the Republican primary are of course private.)

The Michigan delegates to the national Republican Party Convention (chosen later at the state Republican Convention) will be committed to the various contenders for the Republican nomination based on the results of the primary election. The commitment of some of the seats will be based on the vote in the Congressional District with which those seats are associated; the commitment of other seats will be based on the statewide vote in the primary election, the seats being allocated proportionally over contenders receiving at least 15% of the vote.

30 seats will be allocated, the size of the Michigan delegation to the Republican National Convention under the penalty imposed for Michigan "going too early" (the state's normal allotment would apparently have been 60 delegates, but I can't follow the details of that). The details of the allotment under the penalty are not completely clear to me.

The commitment of the delegates is only through the first round of balloting at the National Convention.

There are further subtleties I do not have the energy to characterize.

Best regards,

Doug

Don Ferguson Jr.

The state of Michigan will conduct presidential primary elections on Tuesday, February 28, 2012.

Any voter registered in Michigan may vote in the Republican primary election. By choosing to do so, he declares himself to be a "Republican", and that association is then a matter of public information. (His actual vote at the Republican primary are of course private.)

The Michigan delegates to the national Republican Party Convention (chosen later at the state Republican Convention) will be committed to the various contenders for the Republican nomination based on the results of the primary election. The commitment of some of the seats will be based on the vote in the Congressional District with which those seats are associated; the commitment of other seats will be based on the statewide vote in the primary election, the seats being allocated proportionally over contenders receiving at least 15% of the vote.

30 seats will be allocated, the size of the Michigan delegation to the Republican National Convention under the penalty imposed for Michigan "going too early" (the state's normal allotment would apparently have been 60 delegates, but I can't follow the details of that). The details of the allotment under the penalty are not completely clear to me.

The commitment of the delegates is only through the first round of balloting at the National Convention.

There are further subtleties I do not have the energy to characterize.

Best regards,

Doug

Expect DEMS to vote for Sanatorium in Michigan to hurt Romney;) They would love for Mr. birth control hurts women to run against Obama .
Don

Well, I'm from Michigan so I'll chime in here. I didn't know the republican primary had been moved up!

So, if I vote in the republican primary, I'm republican until I vote in the democratic primary... but then what if I want to become independent again?!!?