• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Vapourer cat, a mini-moth and spiders on the apple tree

Paul Iddon

The apple tree was fruitful last night (more in other thread).

Here are the first few - a vapourer moth caterpillar, a golden tortix moth, and 2 spiders.

vapourer_apple_a-XL.jpg

vapourer_apple_b-XL.jpg

archips_crataegana_a-XL.jpg

archips_crataegana_b-XL.jpg

spider_stone_a-XL.jpg

cucumber_spi_a-XL.jpg

Paul.

Paul Iddon

Brilliant!

Thank you :)

Paul.
View attachment 10825

Paul,

How different is using the R10 in macro with the Venus lens?

Asher

It's sometimes harder! Even with focus peeking (which my 70D did not have) getting everything sharp can be difficult. The viewfinder is also electronic and has to be re-mastered!

That said Asher, the extra resolution and DIGIC X processor does give better results once I have nailed the subject.

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Are you handholding the camera? Why is it so difficult to get manual focus?

Can one get a split reticule as in thr DSLR’s or rangefinder cameras?

Is the AF any help?

Asher

Paul Iddon

Brilliant!

Thank you :)

Paul.
View attachment 10825

Paul,

How different is using the R10 in macro with the Venus lens?

Asher

It's sometimes harder! Even with focus peeking (which my 70D did not have) getting everything sharp can be difficult. The viewfinder is also electronic and has to be re-mastered!

That said Asher, the extra resolution and DIGIC X processor does give better results once I have nailed the subject.

I don't use a focus rail, but I do still use my twin flash.

Paul.

Asher Kelman

The extra resolution makes it harder to master without the focus rail!

Are you using a tripod?

Asher

Asher Kelman

The extra pixels mean that it’s harder to get everything in focus. There can be far more planes of focus defined.

That’s why the rail becomes essentiall!

Asher