• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wonderful jazz concert

Doug Kerr

In another recent post, I gave a little background in the establishment of our newest multipurpose arts venue here in Alamogordo, New Mexico, "Otero ArtSpace".

On November 11. 2023, Otero Arts. Inc., the operator of ArtSpace, presented a wonderful jazz concert there by the jazz quintet "Footprints" together with vocalist Jessika Brust (a sergeant with the US Army, in fact).

The performance space of the venue is not theater-like, but in fact is a "ballroom" about 60 feet square. In fact, the art exhibit of which I recently told you still hung on the walls. It was a wonderful environment for the concert.

The instrumentalists all have extensive resumes including teaching at the college level and such. The vocalist has extensive musical training and experience, including in opera and musical comedy.

But on to some pictures.

First the "official" shot of the group:

Footprints Jazz quintet.jpg

From the left: Francisco/"Frank"/"Pancho" Romero, the leader, (flugelhorn and trumpet); Ruben Galvan (drums); Jessika Brust (vocalist and violin); Josh Carter (tenor saxophone); and Christian Chesanek (upright bass). They are all from this general area (Carter in fact from Alamogordo itself. Not shown from the night's ensemble: Miguel Torres (keyboard).

The remaining images are all by Douglas A. Kerr.

Here we see the instrumental ensemble proper:

R06012-01-s800.jpg

And here is Jessika:

R06022-01-s800.jpg

Here we see a shot of most of the "house":

R05997-01-s800.jpg

A shot of the bassist:

R06017-01-s800.jpg

Finally, a still life: trumpet, violin, and Flugelhorn:

R05983-01-s800.jpg

It was overall a wonderful evening.

Best regards,