• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Montana Bull Elk

Jaime Johnson

http://jaimejohnson.zenfolio.com/

In spite of it being hunting season, we managed to spend a half hour with this bull. It was snowing lightly and he was crazed with love on his mind. I counted nine on one side and seven on the other. Nice bull and not taken in Yellowstone!

Canon 1D Mark IV / Canon 500mm f4

ISO 640
f4.0
1/1640th

p411008763-4.jpg

Jaime Johnson: Montana Bull Elk

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Stecyk

Of all the images I have seen on OPF, this is my favorite. Beautiful photograph Jaime.

Beautiful animal and terrific capture.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Of all the images I have seen on OPF, this is my favorite. Beautiful photograph Jaime.

Beautiful animal and terrific capture.

Kevin,

You are so right, this is indeed a most majestic animal and a wonderful image too. Still, there are so many images here which could seduce you too as much and who know might surprise you even aas much as you love this one!

Asher

John Angulat

pro member
http://jaimejohnson.zenfolio.com/

In spite of it being hunting season, we managed to spend a half hour with this bull. It was snowing lightly and he was crazed with love on his mind. I counted nine on one side and seven on the other. Nice bull and not taken in Yellowstone!

Canon 1D Mark IV / Canon 500mm f4

ISO 640
f4.0
1/1640th

p411008763-4.jpg

Jaime Johnson: Montana Bull Elk

Hi Jaime,
Beautiful image!
You're a brave man to be crawling through the brush during hunting season!

Eric Diller

Hi Jaime,
Beautiful image!
You're a brave man to be crawling through the brush during hunting season!

I agree....be careful! I was out last year in the woods when i looked ahead in my lens and saw a wild turkey. As I got closer I noticed it hadn't moved and realized is was a fake one used to attract them> Panned to my left a tad a notice 2 barrels coming out of a camouflaged blind filled with hunters. Lucky for me the other photographer with was a Deputy Sheriff!!

Excellent work on this image!