• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: A series.

Andy brown

Nice to see you posting images Jerome.
I like the first one and it's growing on me with repeated viewings.
Waiting to see if the same happens with the second.
I'm wondering how many in the series and if you've shot them all already.

Jerome Marot

Nice to see you posting images Jerome.
I like the first one and it's growing on me with repeated viewings.
Waiting to see if the same happens with the second.

In a series, some images are chosen for their power of evocation, some are chosen because they work together to build the sequence. The second type of image may not grow on you as easily as the first one.

I'm wondering how many in the series and if you've shot them all already.

If you knew the answer now, would that change the way in which you perceive the images?

Tom dinning

Registrant*
That is one way to do it. I felt that without a little bit of distraction, the image would be too simple.

Forget the series. I'd hang this on my wall - if I were single. Being married ensures I have different tastes. I am bound by decree to ask Christine if I like it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This is the first picture in this series.

This is a remarkable composition in that we have a simple man-made geometric form with natural curves of the rocky landscape against the sky. Many folk would have gone to the bottom right- hand corner and "repaired" away the sharp "distracting" small linear marks.

However, you Jerome, chose to leave them or just didn't notice them as a distraction. My feeling is that lesser photographers, could "clean up" such a scene and remove the "unnecessary tension" marring such a stark opposing contrast between the beauty of nature and the mechanics at the hand of man. It does pull your picture ahead of all the versions that others would have presented, simply by the reservations you have in "cleaning up"!

The truth which almost always more complicated than the polished versions we often get to see.

I cannot help welcoming the tranquility found by covering up the offending marks, but I know it's not right, as if it was your vision, you could have easilly done that yourself in two seconds!

Asher

James Lemon

This is a remarkable composition in that we have a simple man-made geometric form with natural curves of the rocky landscape against the sky. Many folk would have gone to the bottom right- hand corner and "repaired" away the sharp "distracting" small linear marks.

However, you Jerome, chose to leave them or just didn't notice them as a distraction. My feeling is that lesser photographers, could "clean up" such a scene and remove the "unnecessary tension" marring such a stark opposing contrast between the beauty of nature and the mechanics at the hand of man. It does pull your picture ahead of all the versions that others would have presented, simply by the reservations you have in "cleaning up"!

The truth which almost always more complicated than the polished versions we often get to see.

I cannot help welcoming the tranquility found by covering up the offending marks, but I know it's not right, as if it was your vision, you could have easilly done that yourself in two seconds!

Asher

Asher

You may be right about the grass adding tension to the photo but it could also have a different feeling without the grass. I wonder if Jerome would remove it if he were offered a showing in a gallery on the condition that the grass be removed? This has restful lines and I would think that it would be treated as such from an artistic point of view.

James

Jerome Marot

I wonder if Jerome would remove it if he were offered a showing in a gallery on the condition that the grass be removed?

Give me the name and address of the gallery and I'll give you my answer. Because, depending on the gallery, one or the other answer would be way to get the pictures to the wall... or not. Galleries are funny businesses.

(Oh: and no need for the atheists to call for divinities.)

James Lemon

Give me the name and address of the gallery and I'll give you my answer. Because, depending on the gallery, one or the other answer would be way to get the pictures to the wall... or not. Galleries are funny businesses.

This is trippy! Looks like the Moon Rover was here and lost some debris from its tires.

James Lemon

But wouldn't the moon look less white and with craters?

Jerome

I don't know much about the the moon surface,it's weather, or linoleum. This is a interesting set that would be complimented if they were to be displayed on a wall somewhere. IMO. Do you have a name yet, a set limit and more pics?

James

Jerome Marot

Jerome, this seems to lack natures element here. Or am I missing something. You have man made and natural components in just about all the other images in the series!

The other pictures were taken outside, hence the constant presence of natural components.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The other pictures were taken outside, hence the constant presence of natural components.

This one is particularly fitting as the two open frames against the sky causes an overlap of the transcience of man's buildings against the happenstance of the sky.

I notice, in the foreground that nature is already pulling the man made structure back to itself for recycling!

I hope my thoughts are at least somewhat coherent with your overall intents. But in any case, I am really enjoying your choices for this new series.

Asher

Jerome Marot

This one is particularly fitting as the two open frames against the sky causes an overlap of the transcience of man's buildings against the happenstance of the sky.

I notice, in the foreground that nature is already pulling the man made structure back to itself for recycling!

I hope my thoughts are at least somewhat coherent with your overall intents.

I could not have said it better.

But in any case, I am really enjoying your choices for this new series.

That is the important part.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jerome,

Nice image.

There are all obviously powder fire extinguishers. But some do not seem to have hoses or discharge valves (the ones with a closure on the top with a white handle).

I wonder what their situation is. Are they canisters ready to be refilled and recharged? Or maybe refilled but not yet recharged?

Best regards,

Doug

Everyone has different explanations etc,. All I know is this is the one that I like the most.. it really has a feeling of here today, gone tomorrow. And it is pretty, to me!

Maggie