• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Malaysia...

fahim mohammed

I am in Malaysia for a few days. First impressions...beautiful, green country with lovely people.

However, the weather is hot and humid..I mean humid for me. Took my leica with me, got a few shots and started sweating and panting like a p*g.

The lens and my glasses got all fogged up. Cannot see myself taking too many photographs.
Hot I can manage. Hot and humid I cannot.

Anyways going to an old Portugese settlement and see if I can do some local photography.

Maybe shall cut my visit short and go back home!

Best.

Cem_Usakligil

I am in Malaysia for a few days. First impressions...beautiful, green country with lovely people.

However, the weather is hot and humid..I mean humid for me. Took my leica with me, got a few shots and started sweating and panting like a p*g.

The lens and my glasses got all fogged up. Cannot see myself taking too many photographs.
Hot I can manage. Hot and humid I cannot.

Anyways going to an old Portugese settlement and see if I can do some local photography.

Maybe shall cut my visit short and go back home!

Best.
Hi Fahim,

I know that it must be quite a strain for you to be in a hot and humid environment. But I'd say do not cut short on your visit. If necessary, skip on taking pictures but at least enjoy the beauty of this country while you can. There is no knowing if and when you can ever go back.

Hang in there, my friend :)

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Fahim,

You must keep you camera in a plastic bag when you come out of your air conditioned building to go outside! The camera has to warm up! Otherwise the moist air deposits water in your lenses and cameras. Just take the lens off the camera, put in a box to get away from dust and allow them to warm up to get rid of moisture. You need to get some silica gel packages to put in the ziplok plastic bags to keep the air dry.

When you go outside, the camera must warm up before you can open the plastic bag and take pictures or else it will get more mist in it.

The silica gel crystals are in cotton packages and are regerated by simply drying them in a warm oven for an hour. To stor them, put them in a plastic bag with the air pushed out as you close!

If you allow your misty lenses to sit that way, you can get lenses damaged by fungus-amongus!

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Hi Fahim,

You must keep you camera in a plastic bag when you come out of your air conditioned building to go outside! The camera has to warm up! Otherwise the moist air deposits water in your lenses and cameras. Just take the lens off the camera, put in a box to get away from dust and allow them to warm up to get rid of moisture. You need to get some silica gel packages to put in the ziplok plastic bags to keep the air dry.

When you go outside, the camera must warm up before you can open the plastic bag and take pictures or else it will get more mist in it.

The silica gel crystals are in cotton packages and are regerated by simply drying them in a warm oven for an hour. To stor them, put them in a plastic bag with the air pushed out as you close!

If you allow your misty lenses to sit that way, you can get lenses damaged by fungus-amongus!

Asher

Living in a pretty hot and humid country, I can testify all this helps. Also, I keep a filter (UV usually) on every single lens, specially in the tropics, shooting outdoors. Good luck Fahim, hope to see your captures soon!

fahim mohammed

Cem, Shall follow your advice.

Asher, Ovens, gels, inside zip lock/outside...Just for photographs! Too much hassle. let the chips fall where they will. shall put a cron 28, zone focus and thats it!

Ruben my friend, I don't think I shall take any shots worth posting this time around. I am heading
to chinatown. it is overcast, the percipitation is high. it is muggy right now.
My luggage arrived this morning from Bahrain. At least get a clean shirt, charger, jeans!!
I tried to venture at 2200hrs last night. weather was bearable, but the humidity and m low light
leaves a lot to be desired. i have the lux 35 asph, but over 640 the m becomes too noisy.

lovely, lovely people.

Best regards to all.