• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pick your favorite OPF pictures and repost here!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Which are the pictures that amazed you and that you really love or are so impressed by?

This nice comment by Kevin made me think that everyone must have their own favorites.

Of all the images I have seen on OPF, this is my favorite. Beautiful photograph Jaime.

Beautiful animal and terrific capture.

and the picture of of a Bull elk by Jaime Johnson:

p411008763-4.jpg

Jaime Johnson: Montana Bull Elk

So which are the photographs here that really made you pay attention and you like a lot? Re-post the image and what you love about it!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Clayton, salutations!

Do you have the photographer and title or link for your first picture with Zofi? Mentioning the second one is a special delight for me. Pity I lost her phone number!

Asher

Mark Hampton

PedalCar_BL.jpg

Grandpa's truck - Jim Galli​

Jim's pictures appear so often out of the blur of reality and slap me into photography..... I could have chosen many... But this plays to my mind the game that photography is best at... taking us closer to the real/dream..

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

Mark,

You are so right picking one of Jim's excellent B&W images. His work has always inspited me and we're privileged to have him share his work here. Thanks for putting his pictures up to remind us. This is a great one out of so many!

Asher

Asher Kelman

What new picks?

One of my favorites from Leonardo Barreto here

I want to contribute with an image of something that could be developed (so that Asher will like me more for posting) LOL

compsite_small_1.jpg

Wooden figures, candle wax, cocktail ordures swords. P25 (two images stitched)

DETAIL.jpg

Detail

So what are you "faves"?

Asher

my choices, so far....

f20172.jpg

Cem_Usakligil , Misty winter morning

p60732984-4.jpg

Jaime Johnson, Jack Rabbit

tyrespannel.jpg

Mark Hampton , vehicle.tyres.compressed

there is so much to grab everywhere on the forum, it's hard to choose.

Asher Kelman

Great choices, Sandrine!

Since Cem Usakligil popped his head back in, I remembered how he and Bart and photographed an almost totally deserted village. Doel in Belgium.

Hi Hans,

No problem with that. Different strokes for different folks. The diversity is one of the fun part about OPF.
Here's another one, from the same session, that you probably also don't like because our taste is different:

The cards have been dealt, the curtain will fall
8513-8517_TFP+PS_Small.jpg

I thought the symbolism was nice. The politicians made a decision, the courts overruled, the politicians went ahead anyway, the ruins of a questionable battle remain.

Cheers,
Bart

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great one! I understand the symbols a bit differently, but being aware about the situation in Belgium actually, I think it makes sense.

Anyway, I chose three of them, as you asked for just one...And I think I forgot Dwayne, with his mysterious icy waterfall. I also forgot Ken "cold" series on his website (I don't know if they have been shown here) I never see images so well composed as his.... Too hard to choose just one...