• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

1DsMKIII photos from todays shoot

D

Deleted member 55

012K0418PSac.jpg

012K0441PSac.jpg

012K0450PSac.jpg

012K0453PSac.jpg

Paul Caldwell

Question On Pelican in flight

Will, on the screen, the pelican has a strange halo effect around it in the blue of the sky. It may just be my screen. Just curious if that was a crop and if so how much.

Wonderful color especially with the sun backlighting.

Paul Caldwell

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Will, on the screen, the pelican has a strange halo effect around it in the blue of the sky. It may just be my screen. Just curious if that was a crop and if so how much.

Hi Paul,

Yes, that is over sharpening. Unfortunately, Will does not own anything longer than a 300mm lens and used a 2x with it obviously degrading the picture. Then, after this, the bird was just a small patch in the frame. So when enlarged it needed sharpening to get a picture.

Will,

I like the white "egrets in flight. You missed posting one I really like the most.

I'm hoping that Bart, your companion will share the results with his 600mm lens!

The colors are wonderful. Makes me want a 600 mm lens.

I wonder how the Bigma would do?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Hi Paul,

Yes, that is over sharpening. Unfortunately, Will does not own anything longer than a 300mm lens and used a 2x with it obviously degrading the picture. Then, after this, the bird was just a small patch in the frame. So when enlarged it needed sharpening to get a picture.

Will,

The color in the very first post is rustic and I love it! That guy look wise but rabbits, pigeons and fish watch out as this heron is really a hungry raptor!

I like the white "egrets in flight. You missed posting one I really like the most.

I'm hoping that Bart, your companion, will share the results with his 600mm lens!

The colors are wonderful. Makes me want a 600 mm lens.

I wonder how the Bigma would do?

Asher