• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Buy a MF camera now?

Ross Stockwell

Hi Asher

Be careful what you offer - 'cuz I'll gladly take you up on your generosity ;))!

The photos on my website have a 'lock' on them so they can't be downloaded. This is mostly to protect the images of n_d_s (abbrev for uclothed persons) as the conditions of the model release restrict the use and distribution of the images. However, I will send you a private email - maybe we can prearrange a time where I can relax the security so you can download the images of interest.

Also - I see you are experienting with a 'gallery' section on this section -- I'd look forward to posting images directly (or via a link) if there was a chance for comments from the very fine members of this forum!

At my stage of development, I sometimes get 'stuck' in knowing when an image is 'finished or needs more work'. I get it to a certain point and then need to look at it for a while till I get a new idea. Having others react to the image also helps - it moves me along and often causes me to rethink my whole approach to rendering the image. Very helpful.

But I think I am now off-topic for this thread ;)))

I will email you directly

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff Goldberg

The Leica DMR route makes a lot of sense - I did it myself. I stsill miss the Rollei gear, but he Leica is basically MF appraoch to color andquality put into a 35mm camera. It has little depreciation, real lenses, and great image quality. Better to spend $7-8k there and see what you think of all this stuff, than to throw $20k at MF digital.

I was interested in the Rollei deal, but somehow a bit discouraged at the size and no upgrade path. It might make a lot of sense (budget wise) to get a user version of that in a year or two. But the Hy6 is certainly appealing as well.

Geoff

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Geoff,

I heard that the Hy6 will be the upgrade from any Rollei digital purchased now. However, we really don;t know what is real with the Hy6 or the Phase One, Sinar or Kodak-Leaf Versions, except to say, that never was there more motivation from the back MFRS to have the a camera platform succeed. This could be the amswer to their prayers.

If anyone has any real info on any of these developments, please share it!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Good pick up Geoffey!

They clearly state pretty well that we can still keep existing 6008 lenses. What we need to know is upgrade options if one buys now!

Asher

Tomas Johanson

Paul Schefz said:
..i just bought a sony DSC-R1 (great camera by the way), it feels solid and well thought out compared to the H1/2 buttons where they are supposted to be, handles great..and oh: the lense hasn't fallen apart yet (sorry, that was a low blow...i was so excited about the H1...i loved my fuji glass (gx680), thought this would be THE new MF system...my expectations were too high i guess...)...end of rant

Still satisfied with your DSC-R1? Find any drawbacks? I need to complete my MF gear with somthing like this Sony.

Tomas