• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Chairs, Stools, Sofas, Benches

Antonio Correia

8472336994_6711570ff4_b.jpg

Garden Seat, Infrared

Ethereal, ghostly, airy, light...
:)

Andy brown

Nice one Maris, but it does hurt my eyes. What is that? Like IR.
no point is far from a path, Maris, otherwise no one would be able to put the bench there, sit on it or photograph it. (S)

Ps. I'm putting an S at the end of my comments which indicate sarcasm when necessary so as to avoid any confusion.

Tom, don't be such a stupid prick, Maris is an Aussie, his sarcasm radar will be tuning fork perfect.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Tom, don't be such a stupid prick, Maris is an Aussie, his sarcasm radar will be tuning fork perfect.

I know what Maris is, thanks Andy for reminding me so tactfully. The footnote was actually aimed at those less fortunate than ourselves who's radar is dulled by the ethical ethnicity. You know the ones; north of the equator.
You know, I haven't been called a stupid prick since ... mmm .... the last time I spoke to Christine. That was about an hour ago. The reason why it was so long ago is that she's been out shopping since. One can be whatever one wants to be when one is alone.

Cheers

Past and Present

This has been a fun group of images to watch, felt I better not sit it out. Here are three images from a series (not about chairs) that highlighted my grandfathers barn and sawmill which I am beginning to attempt to restore.

This first image is pretty clear, sometimes you just need to sit while you try and figure something out (or put on your barn boots).

Barn%20Chair_zpsykioln5t.jpg

This second image is from the old sawmill, and the stool is where my grandfather sat as he worked the big trees into building material.

sawmill%20operators%20stool_zpsiqjguydh.jpg

The last one is back in the barn and is his milking stool.

milking%20stool_zpsf7yvlbcm.jpg

Best, Bill

Doug Kerr

Hi, Bill,

Great photos.

This has been a fun group of images to watch, felt I better not sit it out. Here are three images from a series (not about chairs) that highlighted my grandfathers barn and sawmill which I am beginning to attempt to restore.

A wonderful project.

I especially like the AC-powered auxiliary radiator blower on the old stationary engine!

Best regards,

Doug

Hi, Bill,

Great photos.

A wonderful project.

I especially like the AC-powered auxiliary radiator blower on the old stationary engine!

Best regards,

Doug

Thanks Doug,

That big old Chrysler motor is something. I checked the dip stick the other day, and it's dirty but still showing. The last time it was used,was for wood for a home built down the road, in the early '70s.

Thanks again for your comments.

Bill

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I found this one buried in the scrub at East Point. Built from water pipe and fence palings. Nothing to see but what you see. More like a resting place for people who are totally lost and have found a place to die of hunger and thirst.

19370461704_0c62fe8640_c.jpg
[/url]image by Tom Dinning, on Flickr}

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

It's amazing what you can find under your arse.

19805099120_ebac88ed37_c.jpg

by Tom Dinning, on Flickr}​

A stunning shot! Wonderful in its simplicity and its complexity.

By the way, there is something wrong with the formatting of the attribution here, with

"[/url]image by Tom Dinning, on Flickr} "

visible at the lower right of the image.

I think the problem is an extra "[/url]" (just after "[/img]"), and maybe even an errant "}".

Best regards,

Doug
Just an old Scottish delight, perhaps

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Tom,

A stunning shot! Wonderful in its simplicity and its complexity.

By the way, there is something wrong with the formatting of the attribution here, with

"[/url]image by Tom Dinning, on Flickr} "

visible at the lower right of the image.

I think the problem is an extra "[/url]" (just after "[/img]"), and maybe even an errant "}".

Best regards,

Doug
Just an old Scottish delight, perhaps

Almost every day, on my rounds to make things appear right, I remove that extra syntax in his posts and hope he doesn't mind! Look above to the other picures he posted, all have been "corrected". I just missed that one, LOL!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Almost every day, on my rounds to make things appear right, I remove that extra syntax in his posts and hope he doesn't mind! Look above to the other picures he posted, all have been "corrected". I just missed that one, LOL!

Asher

My life is filled with abherations, quickly adjusted by friends and foe.
Thanks Doug and Ash for collecting the misplaced syntaxes and disposing of them. On a list of importance, such things rank below ironing the collar of a t-shirt and combing my hair, neither of which, anyone of significance would notice but myself.

Good morning all

Antonio Correia

The stool was somewhere on the cobblestones as I was walking after parking. I immediately noticed it and remembered this thread.
On the way back I saw the painting on the wall - I did not know it was there - and indeed I placed the stool. At home, I thought I should have placed it not so near the wall...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Have a seat please !

i-WkJMDKw-X2.jpg

Antonio,

This work is brilliant! My distractibility allows me to be seduced by the tromp l'oeil you created!

I must admit that initially I simply thought the chair was part of the painting and it was a very unique and especially "Christian" rendering of the "Last Supper" to me, the addition of a chair for a stranger, welcoming any one, of perhaps any station in life, was a gesture even more significant that washing the feet of an ordinary person!

It was only that the shape and position of the chair over cobblestones from the B&W sibling picture was recalled that I actually contemplated and considered that you hadn't found a similar chair and staged the monochrome version in attempt to copy tgat unusual motif! You had me totally taken in and fooled until that realization crept in!

What convinced me was the exact duplication of the angle of the stool
legs and the unique shape of the rim at the top of the stool.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Antonio, you have done it again!
Firstly, your inability to notice on passing. That says a lot. The placement of the stool, although casual, does indicate to me that few others wish to eat at this table. The non-fire sign above the standing dudes head might be a sign of hell not being accepted here. It also appears than only three people have legs; the rest being 'legless', another subliminal message from the artist.
Overall, the artist has displayed a rather angry scene, one in which I could not see myself dining at the same table. I like eating in peace and quiet with less hostile company.
A stirring shot, although I question your ethics regarding the installation of a prop to alter the 'facts'to accomplish your version of the 'truth. (s)