• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge: 1 Meter wide shot with a coke + i/2 US Dollar bill! :)

Klaus Esser

pro member
Klaus

can you provide a stitch of the same test-scenario, generatet with your DSLR and a good lens?

@all: for further comparison, I suggest a additional shot with your DSLR and a 50 mm. This will allow to relate the test and giving it a higher value.

Thanks

Yeah, right Michael! Good idea!

best, Klaus

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Updated rules!

Yeah, right Michael! Good idea!

best, Klaus

• Open, anyone can post "Target Shooting Images"
  • Just do your best, if film or digital. Use your best lens scanner etc.
  • The field should be one meter by one meter (for americans is 39.37007 inch if I am not mistaken)
  • What I mean for this is that you place a ruler that measures one meter and cover this with the wide side of your format, or "constrained to one meter".
  • Include at least one regular, non diet- standard Coca Cola can, one Left half of a stretched 1$ US note, the side with the ONE on it
  • Use any lighting that you think will give you the best results, flash, sun, whatever.
  • Process Raw in the best way you can
  • We will post just the part of the can/dollar and posters will be the judge.
  • The arbiter could be Asher or Stephen Eastwood, the moderator of the forum
  • Post 800 pixels wide jpg as well as 800 pixel wide 100% cut outs
  • keep the orignal RAW files our sharing.
  • a reference shot of the same 1 meter wide setup with a 50mm lens

Good luck, everyone, let the games really begin

Asher

Ray West

Well,

I got fed up with waiting. So far, this is the winner - phone camera....

I wanted to say say something about 'f8 and be there', but its not even f8, and certainly not there... nor a dollar bill.

Come on Leonardo, Klaus, et al, You know you can do better than this ;-)

mobphone.jpg

This is 100% crop -

Best wishes,

Ray

Klaus Esser

pro member
Well,

I got fed up with waiting. So far, this is the winner - phone camera....

I wanted to say say something about 'f8 and be there', but its not even f8, and certainly not there... nor a dollar bill.

Come on Leonardo, Klaus, et al, You know you can do better than this ;-)

This is 100% crop -

Best wishes,

Ray

Hi @all!

Sorry for the delay - today is my son´s 19th birthday and will be a big fete on wednesday, so i´m a bit absorbed.
Last night i finished a 5-day-job so there was little time these days.

I´ll go on after wednesday - promised!

best, Klaus

I have to do my shot too, but summer is slow here and I was distracted doing old fashion work with enlarger and negative.

So, enjoy the suspense...

I can post an old image and a crop to 100% as an appetizer ...

MAR_15_07_JOSEE-007017.jpg

test.jpg

I did't do anything to the image, only develop it in C1 with a bit of sharpening and then make it to .jpg

If film wins we all win
If digital wins we all win

Leonardo

Asher, I believe you said that the Dollar had to be presented like that so that no one thinks is the real Dollar !

So what do you think, do I bit Ray West??

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You did perfectly Leonardo!

I just thought we were going to have the side with the pyramid, that's all. As long as we have the same view, that's fine. We just don't want a whole dollar bill taken perfectly! That is a "no-no"!

Asher

Hey Leonardo!

your pic is fake! the coke can is open…

Wew, good piqué!
Nicolas, I must confess, I consumed the Coke. Yesterday, like today, New York is hhhhot, and humid so a cold soda came just on time, the only problem is that I don't really like CocaCola, next time, can we shoot a bottle of cranberry juice? or how about red wine in the fall?

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
or even some good white and fresh (but not frozen by hell!) Burgundy, or maybe a Graves or even some Côtes du Rhône?

Cem, I would have to make a disclamer then:

DISCLAMER The poster here has not received 2, 6-packs of beer for placing the brand on such trafficked forum so to make readers unstoppably thirsty for cold, cold, beer and japanese edamame in the midsts of a global warming hot humid summer day"...

just kidding

Ray West

The suggestion of the coke can, was because such items are ubiquitous, and probably the colour, material, reflectivity of the item is standardised throughout the world - a bit like the Mcdonald's fries. There was also a similar reason that I suggested a lawn as the background.

Anyway, Leonardo, I already said that I was crap at uploading images to the web, I think your image is better because your jpeg conversion is better. Nothing to do with the camera or photographer ;-)

Best wishes,

Ray