• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Colour exhibition

Antonio Correia

In November 2017 I wrote and posted:

"Next year, last week of August and first of September I will be exposing in Sesimbra, Portugal.
The available area, belonging to the Town Hall is quite interesting. Just a clean rectangle with enough natural light and acceptable light also at night.
I belong to a small group of photographers from this village which is 35 kilometers from Setúbal.

This time I decided to try to sell some images. There is usually a lot of tourists around and perhaps I am lucky and sell ... one ! LOL
I want and will make 12 3/4 images and another one large enough to a small wall and I will be exposing... flowers. Yes, flowers. I have already talked to the guy who sells them and he will be preparing the bouquets for me. I will take advantage and will make also some shots of "single" flowers.
The images will be done at home with a torch. I will paint the light on the bouquets, come to CC and work on them..."

Painting with light was a bad start for the job. I moved into another direction.
Helped by Guy Tal's book "The landscape photographer's guide to Photoshop" and for some new work I used some of my images.
Last week a friend from Sesimbra and myself we mounted the exhibition.
Here is a humble photo of the work in progress we made, 3 views of the opening and to begin with, one of the images exposed.
Except one, all are printed in Fine Art printing paper by myself on A3+ sheets. The large one - below - was printed on Dibond. 0.60m/1.00m So far, I sold one A3+.
The gallery has a visit of about 32 people a night. It only opens from 21h to 23h

i-TFN6Xg9-XL.jpg

i-JxxWW44-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In November 2017 I wrote and posted:

"Next year, last week of August and first of September I will be exposing in Sesimbra, Portugal.
The available area, belonging to the Town Hall is quite interesting. Just a clean rectangle with enough natural light and acceptable light also at night.
I belong to a small group of photographers from this village which is 35 kilometers from Setúbal.

This time I decided to try to sell some images. There is usually a lot of tourists around and perhaps I am lucky and sell ... one ! LOL
I want and will make 12 3/4 images and another one large enough to a small wall and I will be exposing... flowers. Yes, flowers. I have already talked to the guy who sells them and he will be preparing the bouquets for me. I will take advantage and will make also some shots of "single" flowers.
The images will be done at home with a torch. I will paint the light on the bouquets, come to CC and work on them..."

Painting with light was a bad start for the job. I moved into another direction.
Helped by Guy Tal's book "The landscape photographer's guide to Photoshop" and for some new work I used some of my images.
Last week a friend from Sesimbra and myself we mounted the exhibition.
Here is a humble photo of the work in progress we made, 3 views of the opening and to begin with, one of the images exposed.
Except one, all are printed in Fine Art printing paper by myself on A3+ sheets. The large one - below - was printed on Dibond. 0.60m/1.00m So far, I sold one A3+.
The gallery has a visit of about 32 people a night. It only opens from 21h to 23h

i-TFN6Xg9-XL.jpg

i-JxxWW44-XL.jpg

I would love to see the individual pictures.

This is a huge amount of work. After Nicolas’ exhibitions it’s fabulous to see this tendency for exhibitions growing. Bravo! We are all Proud of you.

21hr to 23hr? Is that a typo error? Why so late? Do folk eat very late.

Asher

Peter Dexter

The exhibition looks well attended and that's a wonderful assortment of foliage. Was it a find or did you compose the leaves yourself?

Antonio Correia

I would love to see the individual pictures.
This is a huge amount of work. After Nicolas’ exhibitions it’s fabulous to see this tendency for exhibitions growing. Bravo! We are all Proud of you.
21hr to 23hr? Is that a typo error? Why so late? Do folk eat very late.
Asher

In Portugal we eat at about 17h / 20h
It is late for the exhibition to be opened but it's their responsibility. Unfortunately it is not open during day time
Sesimbra is a village close to the sea with lots of tourism.

The exhibition looks well attended and that's a wonderful assortment of foliage. Was it a find or did you compose the leaves yourself?

Thank you Peter for commenting. :)
The foliage is completely natural and was shot at my head distance to the ground in Beach n 7, Havelock, Andaman Islands, India.
Images are manipulated with Photoshop CC at taste !
:)

Now, let me show you the exhibited images.

2015-10-31-153101-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

In Portugal we eat at about 17h / 20h
It is late for the exhibition to be opened but it's their responsibility. Unfortunately it is not open during day time
Sesimbra is a village close to the sea with lots of tourism.

Thank you Peter for commenting. :)
The foliage is completely natural and was shot at my head distance to the ground in Beach n 7, Havelock, Andaman Islands, India.
Images are manipulated with Photoshop CC at taste !
:)

Now, let me show you the exhibited images.

2015-10-31-153101-X2.jpg

Surprising tree. It refuses to die? What is it. Those leaves look like succulent plants!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Oh Asher, I do not know... I was just on a stroll with my sun and his family...
The original has little to do with the final image.

i-3Tr44Md-M.jpg

Robert Watcher

Very nice display and location to exhibit your work Antonio. I hope you get the satisfaction that you deserve in putting it together for the enjoyment of others. It’s a lot of work and a lot of cost on your part. Excellent

——-

Asher Kelman

This type of picture would work well in corporate conference rooms where something very interesting and bold is needed that distract from serious discussion of the meeting but provides an opening for a mood of cooperation, as this is like being in nature. But it is not emotive like a beautiful beach scene or a hillside of sycamore or silver birch trees.

Interestingly, this picture exudes a sense of robust trust and reliability. That’s what’s special.

Try linking up with a designer specializing in corporate decor.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Asher, I think the file has enough detail to be enlarged, mainly with the help of specific software.

Thank you for the suggestion ! :)

More to be posted tomorrow.

Asher Kelman

BTW, Antonio, you are so right showing a large file. Otherwise we couldn’t see the beautiful detail of the lichen on the granite!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Asher, I think the file has enough detail to be enlarged, mainly with the help of specific software.

Thank you for the suggestion ! :)

More to be posted tomorrow.

Hi Antonio
Beautiful series so far!
Are these severe crops or FF? What is the initial resolution of the shot(s)?

Antonio Correia

Here is the original Photograph and some details to satisfy everyone's legitimate curiosity.
Always starting from raw file and always saving in tif
Humble (?) Panasonic GX7 + Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8
Monitor calibrated.
Imported in LR and worked in CC at will.
All images in this exhibition were done with this procedure.

i-cBQFjSW-L.jpg

i-dfnCK5j-L.png

i-7Nrdrk3-L.png

i-Jr3hz9H-M.png

Antonio Correia

@ Asher - "...What is the man on the left thinking about!..." what do you mean, Asher ?

@Nicolas - Please see previous post. Thank you for asking ! :)

@ Peter - Thank you Peter. I was just talking to my wife: this image is a favourite one. Many people like it. I also do, of course... :) Thank you for commenting ! :)

Such gorgeous pieces, Antonio, but I would never expect less from you. Your work is always fantastic and this series shows your incredible eye to find and capture these images. I'm so pleased that you are doing an exhibition that more people can see and appreciate your beautiful work.

Congratulations, Antonio. Just wonderful! :) Maggie

Antonio Correia

Thank you so much Maggie for your kind words ! :)
I just remembered: have you ever thought to submit your images to LensWork Seeing in SIXIES ?
My daughter just arrived from NY and brought me the two available copies which I bought on line. Have a look, Maggie ! :)

Today´s image
2011-05-04-190527-2-X2.jpg

Antonio Correia

I just arrived from the exhibition. Obviously, nobody bought or buys any picture...
Nicolas, this is one of the favourite.
A classmate of mines visited today. He was quite impressed by this image and the first one which I post again. I printed it on Dibond in a larger dimension 0,60/1,00 m.
Thank you for commenting Nicolas.
Tomorrow - which comes in a few moments - I will post yet another one.
2016-02-15-104822-X2.jpg

Antonio, I went to see the website you named, but it is no longer accepting entries for this year. Perhaps next year! Thank you anyways of thinking of me.

:) Maggie